Major Running and Cycling Events Choose Clean Sports Hydration Alternative Tripling nuun’s Support and Commitment to Events in North America
March 8, 2016 – Seattle, Washington – nuun® and company is honored to announce its event partnerships for 2016 across the United States and Canada. The sports hydration brand will be providing on course support to over 1,000,000 athletes at two of the largest running series, ten major cycling and running events and more, tripling nuun’s commitment to events in North America. nuun will offer their plant-based electrolyte replacement sports drink, nuun Active, at all of their partner events and PLUS for nuun, a fast-releasing carbohydrate and electrolyte replacement, will also be served at the marathons and cycling events. With the shift in preference moving to natural sports nutrition, nuun is becoming increasingly attractive to race directors and athletes looking for a clean, high performance alternative.
The event landscape is rapidly changing and the conscious consumer has become the resounding voice of the participation base. Consumers are not only looking for the best performing products, but are investing in those brands that make a positive impact on people and the planet. An athlete’s sports hydration is an important decision and nuun’s optimal electrolyte blend with 100% plant-based ingredients including monk fruit extract, beet juice powder and avocado oil is designed with this consumer in mind.
This purity of intent extends to the brand’s actions in how they treat the world around them. nuun remains focused on minimizing its impact on the environment through its multi-use, recyclable packaging that encourages all consumers to drink from reusable bottles. By taking this innovative approach, nuun has eliminated the need to ship millions of gallons of single-use plastic bottled beverages in non-reusable plastic containers.
Attracting the requests of the event community, nuun has also continued to demonstrate their support for clean sport. This begins with the product which is third party tested by Informed-Choice Trusted by Sport ensuring none of their products are contaminated with banned substances. As an unwavering partner, the brand works alongside race directors providing an environment for fair competition and shares the responsibility supporting and celebrating athletes that are committed to competing clean. nuun is a sponsor of professional athlete, clean sport advocates including Kara Goucher, Jeremy Powers and Lanni Marchant among others.
“We are truly thankful to hydrate and support so many athletes through all of our incredible event partners,” shared Kevin Rutherford, nuun President and CEO. “At nuun, we’re on a mission to inspire a healthier, happier, more active lifestyle so that everyone can achieve life’s next personal best. Together, with all of these events, we demonstrate no goal is out of reach.”
nuun Supported Events New for 2016
- Ram Racing’s Hot Chocolate 15k/5K: 220,000 participants across 14 events, the 2nd largest race series in the country, next event San Diego, CA – March 20th
- BolderBOULDER: 50,000 runners, the 2nd largest 10K in the country, Memorial Day May 30th
- RAGBRAI: 25,000 cyclists, 420 miles across Iowa, the largest weeklong touring ride in the world, July 23rd – 30th
- Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend, 50,000 runners take part in the Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon, Half-Marathon and Ottawa 10K, Canada’s largest running weekend, May 28th – 29th
- Canada Army Run: 25,000 runners across the 5K, Half-Marathon, and the NEW Commander’s Challenge (26.1K); Military from start to finish; Ottawa, Canada, September 18th
- lululemon athletica’s SeaWheeze™ Half Marathon: 10,017 runners, deemed the most fun half-marathon in the world, August 13th
nuun Supported Events Continuing in 2016
- Ragnar Relay Series and Ragnar Trail Series: 120,000 runners across 33 events
- Bike New York Events: 32,000 cyclist including those at the TD Five Boro Bike Tour
- The San Francisco Marathon: 26,000 runners
- JetBlue Long Beach Marathon and Half Marathon: 22,000 runners
- Group Health STP Presented by Alaska Airlines: 10,000 cyclists
- California International Marathon: 8,000 runners
About nuun & company
nuun, based in Seattle, WA, is on a mission to inspire a healthier, happier, more active lifestyle so that everyone can achieve life’s next personal best. As the pioneer of electrolyte enhanced drink tablets, nuun is passionate about and committed to replenishing active people and our planet by using clean ingredients and practices in the great tasting and industry leading sports drink. Founded in 2004, nuun was the first to separate electrolyte replacement from carbohydrates, and twelve years later nuun active hydration remains the #1 selling sport drink product in bike, run, outdoor specialty, and outdoor chain stores. To learn more, visit www.nuun.com or follow them on social media.