Throughout the week, Sports Tours International’s newly appointed ambassador, Simon Warren, will be on hand to chat up his new book, 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs of Italy
MANCHESTER, UK, June 6, 2019 – For fanatics of pro cycling, spectacles of power and speed can be washed down at leisure while sipping Lombardy’s light, red wines paired with risotto and ossobuco this fall in northern Italy.
Over the eight days of the Italian Autumn Classics, Oct. 7-13, 2019, the rough riders of three end-of-season bicycle races will defy gravity in Italy’s Apennines, buoyed by spectators who are being indulged by Sports Tours International. This is the world’s leading purveyor of vacations wrapped around world-class cycling and running events.
During the Italian Autumn Classics, cycling enthusiasts may join Sports Tours International for a week or a long weekend to chase some of the world’s top athletes up and down their stages. Well-located hotels (think Lake Como), transport and the services of cycling guides are included in these tours. Guests may opt to rent Pinarello bikes and to join hospitality and VIP race access options during the three events that define the Classics. Two One event is part of the five Monuments of Cycling.
- The 100th edition of Milano-Torino on Oct. 9 is a Monuments of Cycling, semi-classic European single-day cycling race of 199km between two northern Italian cities. The event was first run in 1876, making it the oldest of the Italian classic races and one of the oldest in the world. Sports Tours International is the only tour operator to combine cross-finish-line excitement and VIP hospitality.
- Gran Piemonte (Giro del Piemonte) on Oct. 10 is a semi classic European bicycle race held in the Apennine Mountains. The race first took place in 1906. Since 2005, the race has been organized as a 1.HC event on the UCI Europe Tour. It is usually held a few days before the more important race, Giro di Lombardia.
- Il Lombardia (Giro di Lombardia) is the final event for the year of the Monuments of Cycling. The pros tackle this 241km course from Bergamo to Como on Oct. 12, 1029. Amateur riders as Sports Tours Internationals’ guests can join a guided ride with flexible distances and participate in either start or finish-line hospitality.
- Gran Fondo Il Lombardia on Oct. 13 sends amateurs over a 110km route with 1700m of climbing. Sports Tours International’s guests may also opt to ride route that have been baptized by the pros as well as the final section of Stage 19 of the 2018 Giro d ’Italia, conquered by Chris Froome, riding for Great Britain’s Team Sky.
Throughout the week, Sports Tours International’s newly appointed ambassador, Simon Warren, will be on hand to chat up his new book, 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs of Italy. For Warren’s thoughts on the last week of the Giro d’Italia which featured the climbs around Lake Como that participants will ride on the Gran Fondo Il Lombardia please see: https://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/why_the_final_week_is_going_to_be_amazing/
Included in the rates for both the week-long and weekend itineraries are:
- Support from driver and bike guide
- Return airport transfers from Milan Malpensa Airport at set times on arrival and departure
- All in-resort transfers for guests, luggage and bikes
- All hotels and taxes
- Daily guided rides and transport
- A Sports Tours International cycling jersey made by Santini
The per person double Italian Autumn Classics Weekis £1499 (£300 single supplement) for the nights of Oct. 7-13. Sports Tours International offers a “twin to share” option that pairs singles with another rider (of the same sex). Included are:
- Three nights with breakfasts at Napoleon in Susa at the foot of the Colle delle Finestre
- Three evening meals in Susa
- Four nights with breakfasts at Borgo Antico in Como
- Cross the Finish experience in Turin on Milano-Torino
- Finish hospitality on the Superga in Torino on Milano-Torino
- Start or Finish hospitality on Gran Piemonte (depending on the route)
- Finish hospitality in Como on Il Lombardia
- The official 2019 Milano-Torino, Gran Piemonte and Il Lombardia road books
Lombardia Weekend Travel Package takes in the Oct. 12 pro race and the Oct. 13 Gran Fondo. The per person double rate of £475 (£160 single supplement) for the nights of Oct. 11, 12 and 13 includes:
- Three nights with breakfasts (plus bike storage) at Borgo Antico in Como
- The official 2019 Il Lombardia road book
- A guided ride on Lombardia day to watch the race
Sports Tours International suggests booking race packages early. For more information, available packages, space availability and reservations please visit online: https://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: (+44) 161 703 8161.
Sports Tours International is Europe’s leading specialist in sports travel. Since inception in 1973 they have hosted thousands of participants and spectators at major sporting events worldwide. With the tagline, Our experience will make yours, the company’s initial roots came from a devotion to running when founder Vince Regan began taking runners to the NYC Marathon. Since the early 2000s, the company now embraces international cycling and running events, triathlon competitions, sports training camps and corporate hospitality.
# # #
Follow Sports Tours International on Social Media
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sportstoursint