Elby adds 50 new retail partners, sees rapid sales growth online and in independent dealers, and engages in governmental partnerships.
TORONTO, ON- Nov. 28, 2017 – Elby announced today that it has signed its 50th retailer in North America three months ahead of schedule. The announcement follows a trend of rapid global expansion for the company.
“Elby is resonating with an increasing number of people who are making a deliberate decision to not only to live a healthier lifestyle, but to move freely and effortlessly in their daily lives.,” says Director of Global Sales and Marketing Scott MacWilliam. “We are pleased to be ahead of our growth plan and to see such a positive reaction to Elby, especially when the traditional bicycle market is down across North America.”
In 2017, Elby achieved multiple growth milestones, in many cases surpassing their own timelines for them:
- Established 50 brick-and-mortar retail partners across the US and Canada, supporting the continued wave of ebike expansion in North America
- Grew mobile network in North America with over 80 Velofix bike shop franchise partners
- Expanded into the competitive European e-bike market with retailers in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Developed innovative electric mobility solution programs through partnerships with established automotive partners, government agencies and real estate developers
- Doubled internal Customer Experience Team to serve growing customer base
- Doubled North American field team size
- Blanket attendance at emerging roster of e-bike trade shows and banner bicycle events like Eurobike, Interbike, and the Sea Otter Classic
“It shows that the message of easy, congestion-free transportation alternatives is resonating with the market. This means only positive things for commuting, the environment, and overall quality of life in our cities” adds Macwilliam.
Founded in 2015 by automotive industry veterans Frank Stronach and Fred Gingl, Elby is the world’s first one-size-fits-most pedal assist hybrid that’s elegant, intuitive, versatile, and confidence-inspiring from the very first pedal stroke. Designed to address the needs of modern riders with diverse interests, Elby helps level the playing field and paves the way for all types of riders to use a bicycle for transportation, fitness, and recreation. Elby bikes are sold direct to consumers via elbybike.com and through retailers throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. Join the thousands who already follow Elby on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at @elbybike or with the #ElbyBike hashtag.