New On Outside Streaming This Spring; Docuseries, Events and More
March 15, 2022
Outside releases its streaming schedule, including its first ever airing of IRONMAN and Spartan Games
BOULDER, Colo./ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – Outside Interactive, Inc., the world’s leading creator of active lifestyle content, services, events, and experiences, today announced the early spring schedule for its streaming service.
The roundup kicks off with Return to Earth, a mountain biking series from Anthill Films that is exclusive to Outside+ members, and it wraps with IRONMAN 70.3 on April 2. This spring will be the first time Outside has exclusively broadcast live for the IRONMAN 70.3 series as part of the previously announced five-year partnership between Outside Interactive, Inc. and The IRONMAN Group.
“We have partnered with amazing producers, brands, athletes and events to create the ultimate content pipeline for the active lifestyle enthusiast,” said Rob Faris, Outside’s Head of Programming and Production. “Expect to see even more competitions, athletic spotlights, and outdoor adventures on Outside’s streaming service as this year continues.”
The early spring premiers are as follows.
- March 16, Dirt: In Huckberry’s first episodic series, host Josh Rosen takes us on local missions beyond the city limits to source foods unique to that region. Each episode ends back in the city with a feast featuring all the foods foraged throughout the adventures– even Outside’s Resident Chef Biju Thomas joins!
- March 21, Beat Monday, Season 2: Beat Monday is a series of epic weekend adventures designed to push the boundaries of what’s possible between Friday night and Monday morning. Along the way, adventure athletes Mike Chambers and Jason Antin get into crazy situations, inspire the audience with their perseverance and discover local cultures outside our daily bubble.
- March 22, Return to Earth, Season 2: Anthill Films reveals the untold stories of local heroes who reconnect us to the natural world through a simple machine that defies boundaries and knows no limits– the mountain bike. Athletes featured include Casey Brown, Andrew Shandro, Eliot Jackson, Mark Weir, Patrick Lucas, Andrew Jackson, Luca Cometti, James Doerfling, Wade Simmons, Thomas Vanderham, Marco Osborne, Ben Cruz, Bernard Kerr, Brandon Semenuk, Sterling Lorence, Micayla Gatto, and Miranda Miller. This series is available for Outside+ members.
- March 24, Spartan Games 2.0: Over a four-day competition, 16 of the world’s highest-performing endurance, OCR and functional fitness athletes will face nine grueling challenges that test every facet of physical and mental fitness including obstacle racing, combat, trail running, mountain biking, and a few surprise challenges created with Air Force Special Warfare. There’s more than pride on the line in this five episode series. $50,000 will be split among those on the podium. Also stay tuned for the Spartan World Championships, coming this June.
- April 2, IRONMAN 70.3: The IRONMAN 70.3 broadcast season kicks off in beautiful southern California, the birthplace of triathlon. The first race of the North American circuit, IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside features seaside racing at its finest. The pro men and women fields are stacked with the top names in the sport, including IRONMAN World Champion Jan Frodeno. Join us live as we bring you all the action from start to finish.
Tune into these programs and learn more at https://watch.outsideonline.com/.
About Outside Interactive, Inc.
Outside is the premier destination for active lifestyle enthusiasts and home to leading brands in the endurance sports, outdoor, and healthy living spaces. Each month, Outside reaches 80 million of the most active consumers in the world across its 30+ media, digital, and technology platforms, creating an experience for both longtime adventurers and those just getting started. Outside believes life is best spent outdoors, experiencing healthy, connected, and fulfilling lives. Outside’s membership offering, Outside+, bundles best-in-class storytelling, meal plans, gear reviews, online courses, discounted event access, mapping, and more. Learn more at outsideinc.com.
INK Communications Co.