IRONMAN Announces Schedule For 2022 North American IRONMAN TriClub Championship Series
August 27, 2021
2022 IRONMAN TriClub Championship Series will include five half-distance IRONMAN 70.3 triathlons and one full-distance IRONMAN triathlon in the United States
TAMPA, Fla. (August 26, 2021) – IRONMAN has announced its schedule for the 2022 North American IRONMAN® TriClub Championship Series, including five IRONMAN® 70.3® triathlons and one IRONMAN® triathlon across the United States. These events will feature localized experiences customized for IRONMAN TriClub members, in addition to highlighting and supporting the local community of athletes.
Introduced in 2012, the IRONMAN TriClub Program was designed to help triathlon clubs around the world drive membership, building community, provide networking opportunities, and creating a sense of friendly competition. Throughout the year, participating clubs earn points every time their athletes cross an IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3 finish line. Each club is assigned to a division based on the club’s membership size. The club in each division that accumulates the greatest number of points by the end of the calendar year receives the title of IRONMAN TriClub World Champion.
“TriClubs are the foundation of the IRONMAN community,” said Earl Walton, Global Director, Coaching and Training for The IRONMAN Group. “They are the entry point for new athletes and provide a structure of growth and learning throughout an athlete’s journey. The IRONMAN TriClub Championship Series creates a celebration point where clubs can rally around first-timers and cheer on teammates as they compete for the top spot on the club podium. We are thrilled to be expanding this unique racing atmosphere for our clubs in 2022.”
The IRONMAN TriClub Championship Series is the pinnacle of the IRONMAN TriClub Program competition. Globally all clubs registered with IRONMAN can compete for the ultimate prize – being crowned an IRONMAN TriClub Champion. Championship events feature extra exclusive benefits and the chance to compete against other clubs.
2022 North American IRONMAN TriClub Championship Series Schedule
- Southeast Region: Visit Panama City Beach IRONMAN® 70.3® Gulf Coast (May 7, 2022) – Along the coast in the Florida Panhandle lies the storied Panama City Beach. Full of thrill and adventure, this destination is also home to speed and beauty. With some of the world’s most beautiful beaches and idyllic weather, Panama City Beach sets the perfect stage for those chasing their first IRONMAN 70.3 finish line or those more experienced looking for a personal record. With a buoyant saltwater swim in the Gulf of Mexico, a non-technical bike ride through the Florida pines, and a fast, spectator-filled run course along the coast, athletes will love the chill vibes they’ll receive in this iconic beach town. www.ironman.com/im703-gulf-coast
- Northeast Region: IRONMAN® 70.3® Musselman (July 10, 2022) – IRONMAN 70.3 Musselman is the perfect race for athletes who want to experience an urban, upstate New York adventure. Athletes will start their race with a swim in Seneca Lake followed by a bike course that takes them into the rolling hills of the Finger Lakes Region, boasting incredible views of both Seneca and Cayuga Lakes. The run course will lead athletes on a journey along the shores of Seneca Lake and through the vineyard region before completing the day with a picturesque finish on the shores of one of the most iconic Finger Lakes. It’s not just about finishing – it’s about experiencing all this beautiful area has to offer and making memories along the way. www.ironman.com/im703-musselman
- North American: ViewSPORT IRONMAN® Lake Placid (July 24, 2022)- When you think of the world’s greatest, most sought-after triathlons, a very short list of events from around the world comes to mind. The best of the best, triathlon royalty. ViewSPORT IRONMAN Lake Placid is one of those special events, an icon of the sport that draws in triathletes from all over the world to test themselves on a legendary course. Athletes begin with a two-loop, 2.4-mile swim in Mirror Lake. Once out of the water, athletes take on a spectacular, two-loop 112-mile bike course that will weave them through the Adirondack Mountains and past Whiteface Mountain. Athletes will finish their 140.6-mile journey running past iconic Olympic landmarks such as the ski jump and will finish on the Olympic oval. www.ironman.com/im-lake-placid
- Midwest Region: IRONMAN® 70.3® Michigan (Sept. 11, 2022) – On the shores of Lake Michigan and under the radar of most athletes stands a new IRONMAN 70.3 event taking place in Frankfort, Michigan. In one of the prettiest parts of the state, the inaugural IRONMAN 70.3 Michigan will take place on September of 2022. Known for its spectacular sunsets, unbelievable views from the pier and charming life on Main Street, Frankfort is an uncharted resort town that offers a perfect beach getaway for visitors of all ages. www.ironman.com/im703-michigan
- West Region: IRONMAN® 70.3® Washington (Sept. 18, 2022) – The inaugural IRONMAN 70.3 Washington takes place in the quaint suburban town of Maple Valley, Washington, approximately 30-miles southwest of Seattle. With a setting around Lake Wilderness Park this is a must-do early fall event for athletes looking to round out their season. Showcasing a stunning course, athletes will start their day in the calm waters of Lake Wilderness, navigate back-roads while taking on rolling hills through rural towns, and then enjoy a shaded and flat trail along the water with views of Mount Rainier. Nothing says “Evergreen State” quite like this new race. www.ironman.com/im703-washington
- Southwest Region: Trainual IRONMAN® 70.3® Indian Wells La Quinta (Dec. 4, 2022) – Located near Palm Springs, California, the 2022 Trainual IRONMAN 70.3 Indian Wells La Quinta has already won over the hearts of many. Athletes will take on a 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike and 13.1-mile run through the Coachella Valley, one of the most beautiful areas of California. Athletes start their day with a swim in the clear waters of Lake Cahuilla, providing an ideal experience for all levels of triathletes. The one-loop bike course offers a flat and fast experience across county roads, and around the City of La Quinta and the Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. The half distance triathlon 70.3-mile journey ends with a beautiful run through the Indian Wells Golf Resort and finish line at the Tennis Gardens. www.ironman.com/im703-indian-wells
About IRONMAN TriClub Program:
First introduced in 2012, the IRONMAN TriClub Program was designed to help clubs drive membership, provide networking opportunities and create a sense of friendly competition. Throughout the year, participating clubs earn points every time their athletes cross an IRONMAN® or IRONMAN® 70.3® finish line. Each club is assigned to a division based on its membership size. There are various benefits available at many races including on-site club competition, priority club bike racking, and tri club villages. The club in each division that accumulates the greatest number of points by the end of the calendar year receives the title of IRONMAN TriClub World Champion. The IRONMAN TriClub program has grown to include over 9,100 active clubs representing over 145,000 athletes. For more information about the IRONMAN TriClub Program, go to www.ironman.com/triclubs.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and gravel racing like Gravel Epic®, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com/about-ironman-group.
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com.