iFit Connected Fitness Now Streaming Jordan Walking Tour Series
July 29, 2020
LOGAN, Utah — iFit, the leading interactive, connected fitness platform, is now streaming its Jordan Walking Series, a seven-part tour. Like all of iFit’s award-winning workouts, the incline, decline and speed automatically adjust on iFit-enabled treadmills — such as NordicTrack and ProForm — to match the terrain of the actual trail or path you are walking on. The walking series is available to all iFit members and free trial users with any treadmill.
iFit’s Jordan Walking Series explores the magnificent monuments, iconic pyramids and many other historic landmarks, which were shot on location by iFit’s film crew, prior to Covid-19. Led by sought-after tour guide Fadi Abu Jaber, the tour virtually brings the country now known as Jordan, a region with diverse landscapes and a rich history that spans thousands of years, right to your home. Jaber, a Jordan native, has more than 15 years of experience as a tour guide. Given his expertise, iFit gained access to locations and landmarks often unknown to tourists.
iFit is thrilled to expand its walking tour offerings, continuing the fusion of fitness, travel and education. A 2014 Stanford University study demonstrated that walking improves creative ideation in real time and shortly after, making the Jordan Walking Series ideal for a low-intensity workout to clear your head and generate ideas. It’s also a great option for beginners embarking on a fitness journey.
The iFit Jordan Walking Series contains seven workouts, ranging from 30-45 minutes, at a comfortable walking pace of 2.5 mph:
- Amman City Walk — Explore Jordan’s capital during this historical walk around the Amman Citadel, where you’ll learn about the country’s history, religion and culture.
- Ruins of Jerash Walk — Discover a hippodrome, where chariot races took place, as well as the Temples of Artemis and Zeus.
- Wadi Rum Cultural Walk — Explore the Valley of the Moon at sunset and learn about desert life as you walk through the sandy terrain. You’ll see rippling sand dunes and otherworldly rock formations that resemble the closest thing to Mars’s terrain on Earth.
- Petroglyphs Walk — Explore the desert landscape of Wadi Rum and discover hidden petroglyphs unbeknownst to most travelers.
- Petra City Walk— Learn about the holy city carved inside mountains made of sandstone. Enjoy a guided tour through the mountain all the way down to the treasury.
- Holy City Walk — Explore temples, ceremonial chambers and other famous landmarks that are part of Petra’s rich history.
- Shobak Castle Walk — Walk up to the famous Montréal — a Crusader castle perched on the side of a mountain. You’ll learn about the castle’s history as you take in beautiful views.
Suggested iFit-enabled products include:
T Series 6.5 SI ($999)
C Series C900d ($1,599)
Commercial 1750 ($1,799)
Commercial 2950 ($2,999)
Carbon T7 (free with 3-year iFit membership)
Photo caption: iFit Tour Guide Fadi Abu Jaber walks through the Ruins of Jerash in the iFit Jordan Walking Series, where iFit members virtually travel through Jordan, discovering its diverse landscape and rich history.
iFit pioneered interactive connected fitness and was issued its first of many patents in 1999. Founded with the belief that the majority of consumers would benefit from an interactive personal training experience at home, iFit’s trainer-led streaming workouts are now trusted by millions of consumers around the globe.
iFit offers workout options for every fitness level and interest. Customers can access bodyweight training, HIIT cardio workouts, yoga and connected fitness workouts on NordicTrack and ProForm home equipment or Freemotion equipment at commercial facilities. Patented interactive technology allows iFit Trainers to create highly personalized workouts for iFit members and adjust the user’s incline, speed and resistance instantly during the workout. iFit interactive workouts are available on treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, rowers, strength machines and the iFit app.
For those without iFit-enabled equipment, simply download the iFit App, prop a smartphone or tablet on your treadmill and manually adjust to match the iFit workout streaming on your device.
Content on all machines includes interactive Studio Classes, Global Workouts, Cross Training Workouts and Google Maps Workouts.
iFit is owned by ICON Health & Fitness, the global leader in home, commercial and connected fitness.They hold more than 275 fitness patents, with 138 pending. iFit workouts are available in English, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French and German, with more languages planned for 2020.
Colleen Logan [email protected]
Danielle Prager, [email protected]