Vitus Bikes Launches US Operations and Direct-to-Consumer Sales
December 6, 2022
Long-established European bike brand brings its diverse line of bikes to US customers.
December 6, 2022 – Salt Lake City, UT /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – Vitus, the nearly 100-year-old storied bicycling brand, today announced the opening of its United States operations and distribution center, headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT. US consumers can now purchase select models of Vitus’ mountain, road, gravel, youth, and e-bikes bikes through us.vitusbikes.com and have them shipped directly to their door.
“When I look at the Vitus line of bikes, I get giddy. Being able to offer this initial lineup directly to US riders is a tremendous opportunity,” said Brad Howell, US Brand Manager for Vitus Bikes. “From privateer racers to weekend enthusiasts, Vitus offers something for everyone in the worlds of road, mountain, and gravel riding; we even have a killer kids’ line. If riding bikes fills your cup and spreads a smile across your face, then Vitus is for you!”
Vitus bikes have long been available in Europe and loved by riders of all abilities and disciplines. During the 1970s, Vitus manufactured high-end steel race frames and into the 1990s, played a pivotal role in pioneering aluminum and carbon fiber frames. While proud of this heritage, the current-day team of Vitus engineers, designers, product managers, marketers, and athletes are driven by one goal: to make the best bikes for all kinds of riders.
Because of Vitus’ consumer-direct model, the brand offers riders performance-oriented bikes at accessible price points. Instead of relying on third-party resellers, Vitus’ Salt Lake City-based team of quality care representatives and expert mechanics oversee every aspect of a bike’s assembly and quality control before shipping to consumers. Bikes are pulled from a US-specific inventory in Salt Lake City and arrive to riders in fully recyclable cardboard boxes with zero-waste packaging. Vitus also offers a 30-day ride guarantee and a US-based team of customer care representatives are at the ready for any questions riders may have before, during, and after their purchase.
While additional models and model specs will make their way online throughout 2023, Vitus will start by offering a handful of its most popular models in the following disciplines.
Trail / All-Mountain:
- Escarpe 29 CRX | 150mm Front/140mm Rear | $4799
- Full T800 carbon frame, Fox 36 & Float DPS Factory Series suspension, Shimano XT 1×12 speed drivetrain.
- Escarpe 29 CRS | 150mm Front/140mm Rear | $3899
- Full T800 carbon frame, RockShox Lyrik Select & Deluxe Select+ RT suspension, Shimano SLX 1×12 speed drivetrain.
- Mythique 29 VR | 130mm Front/130mm Rear | $1699
- 6061-T6 aluminum frame, X-Fusion RC 32 Boost 29 and X-Fusion O2 Pro R suspension, Shimano Deore drivetrain.
- Mythique 29 VRS, VRX, AMP | 140mm Front/140mm Rear | $1999, $2299, $2599
- VRS: 6061-T6 aluminum frame, RockShox 35 Silver TK and Deluxe Select R suspension, Shimano Deore drivetrain.
- VRX: 6061-T6 Aluminum frame, Marzocchi Bomber Z2 and Deluxe Select R suspension, Shimano SLX/Deore drivetrain.
- AMP: 6061-T6 Aluminum frame, RockShox Pike Select RC and Deluxe Select R suspension, Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain.
- Sommet 297 CRX (mixed-wheel) | 170mm Front/170mm Rear | $4799
- T700 carbon fiber front triangle, 6061-T6 aluminum rear, Fox 38 & Float X2 Factory Series suspension, Shimano XT 1×12 speed drivetrain.
- Sommet 29 CRS | 170mm Front/162mm Rear | $3899
- T700 carbon fiber front triangle, 6061-T6 aluminum rear, RockShox Zeb Select & Super Deluxe Select+ RT suspension, Shimano SLX 1×12 speed drivetrain.
- E-Sommet VRS (mixed-wheel) | 170mm Front/167mm Rear | $5399
- RockShox Zeb Select & RockShox Super Deluxe Select R suspension, Shimano STEPS EP8 motor with 630Wh internal battery, Shimano SLX 1×12 speed drivetrain.
- Vitesse EVO CRS eTap AXS | $4599
- SL UD Carbon aero frame and fork with integrated seat clamp, SRAM Force eTap AXS HRD groupset, Reynolds AR29 DB Carbon wheelset.
- ZX-1 EVO CR eTap AXS | $3799
- SL UD Carbon aero frame and fork with integrated seat clamp, full internal cable routing, SRAM Rival eTap AXS HRD groupset, Prime Attaquer Disc Road wheelset.
- Substance CRX 1 HT | $3199
- SRAM Rival 1x groupset, RockShox Rudy XPLR suspension fork, Brand-X dropper seat post, Prime Kanza 650b aluminum disc wheelset and Maxxis tires.
- Substance CRS 2 | $2499
- Shimano GRX 2×11 Speed groupset, WTB 700c aluminum disc wheelset, Maxxis Receptor EXO 700 x 40c tire.
- Nucleus 24” and 26” Hardtail MTB Bike | $899
- Lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum frame, SR Suntour air sprung suspension fork with lock-out, Box 1×8 speed drivetrain, disc brakes.
- Razor Disc 24” and 26” Road Bike | $899 – $1199
- Lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum frame & fork, Microshift 9-8, disc brakes.
- Energie 24” and 26”CX Bike | $899
- 6061-T6 aluminum frame, Microshift R8 8-speed groupset, disc brakes.
Access Vitus’ logo/branding and media kit here.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Michael Finn / c: 1.952.426.8747 / e: email@example.com
At Vitus, we make extraordinary bikes for real riders, and we’ve been doing it for over 90 years. Vitus Bikes’ roots trace back to St. Etienne, France, where during the 1930s, Vitus made high-end steel tubing. In the 1970s and 1980s, Vitus innovated ground-breaking race frames with aluminum and lugged carbon and became one of the most desirable international racing frame brands. After a huge winning run with world champ Sean Kelly, Vitus was reborn in 2011 under new ownership in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Since then, Vitus has remained rooted in its heritage of cutting-edge frame design, working with the latest technologies and materials to create bikes that are ready to perform in any setting. By selling directly to riders and eschewing expensive elite sponsorship in favor of supporting local races, clubs, and events, we give the best and most accessible ride experience to as many riders as possible.
Learn more at us.vitusbikes.com.