RunSignup Releases 2019 Year in Review
January 2, 2020
(Moorestown, NJ)– RunSignup has released their 2019 Year in Review, evaluating the growth of the company in both usage and technological progress. The core numbers are impressive, with company growth of over 20% in an endurance market that grew just 1% (based on data for their upcoming RaceTrends Report to be released in mid-January). The growth included 1,171,678 more registrations in 2019 than in 2018, up from a growth of 864,311 registrations between 2017 and 2018. Additionally, RunSignup’s transaction volume grew at a faster rate than registrations (27% vs 23%), largely due to an increased use of the platform by nonprofits raising money through donations and fundraising.
To serve their growing number of customers, RunSignup has continued to invest in cutting edge technology. Development highlights of 2019 include:
- GiveSignup for Nonprofits: Released in July 2019, GiveSignup is RunSigup’s division focused on serving nonprofits through a nonprofit event ticketing, customizable donation websites and donation forms, and improved fundraising features for runs, walks and rides.
- Facebook Fundraising Integration: The free Facebook Fundraiser Integration allows fundraisers to auto-create a Facebook Fundraiser from RunSignup and automatically syncs the fundraising between the two. This powerful integration can have a significant impact on fundraising, with fundraisers who connected their Fundraising efforts raising and average of $490.26 more than unconnected fundraisers.
- Sales Tax: In December, RunSignup released its new Sales Tax Platform, complying with new sales tax laws that require registration and ticket companies in most states to collect and remit sales tax on behalf of the events on their platform. The Sales Tax Platform protects both RunSignup and its customers from liability for the estimated $10 Million in sales tax that is owed by the endurance industry each year.
- RaceDay Scoring Version 2.0: With the release of RaceDay Scoring Version 2.0, the next generation scoring software is officially ready for primetime. RaceDay Scoring is the successor to The Race Director, one of the most popular scoring systems over the last three decades, scoring 15,000 races and over 6.4 million participants in 2019.
- ChronoTrack, Athlinks, and RunSignup Partnership: RunSignup partnered with ChronoTrack and Athlinks to provide a best-in-class solution for their timers.
- Free Websites: The free websites for RunSignup and GiveSignup customers were upgraded to include free Domain Hosting (including a free SSL Certificate) and new cover pages for a highly customized look.
- RaceCRM Improvements: The integrated RaceCRM added new features for targeted marketing, with source tracking on every registration and custom audience exports for Facebook and Google.
- Infrastructure, Payments, and CCPA: For the fourth year in a row, RunSignup had 100% uptime and 100% on-time payments in 2019. Additionally, they invested in upgraded infrastructure, maintained their PCI Level 1 Compliance, and ensured that all 21,000 race websites are CCPA and COPPA compliant.
- User Experience: Updates to the user experience of RunSignup has streamlined the flow of fundraising, made the race dashboard easier for race directors, and improved the accessibility of the site.
Looking to 2020, RunSignup is focusing development efforts on GiveSignup, RaceCRM, Memberships, the Photo Platform, the Volunteer System, and GPS, Chip, and Gun Tracking. Additionally, they are looking to move to a new generation of payment processing. For more details on RunSignup’s improvements in 2019, visit: https://runsignup.blog/2019/12/31/2019-year-in-review/.
RunSignup is the leading all-in-one platform for endurance and fundraising events. More than 20,000 races, supporting over 8,000 nonprofits, use RunSignup’s free and integrated solution to save time, grow their events, and raise more. Built on a powerful CRM, RunSignup delivers the art of technology to power the entire race cycle, with promotional tools, registration, a full fundraising platform, and a suite of RaceDay products – including the runner-tracking app RaceJoy and race timing software, RaceDay Scoring. For more information, visit www.runsignup.com