December 22, 2015 – RunSignUp has released their 2015 Year in Review, evaluating the growth of the company in both registration numbers and technological progress. By the most basic standard of assessment – the pure number of non-imported registrations on the site – the company grew from 1.1 Million registrations in 2014 to over 2.7 Million in 2015. The system also proved reliable throughout the year: there were only 8 minutes of planned downtime throughout the year (and no unplanned outages), for a 99.998% uptime.
Other areas of improvement in RunSignUp registration in 2015 included:
- Becoming an official Payment Facilitator to ensure secure systems, financial stability, and the fastest possible Direct Payment with a daily payment option.
- Creating a faster Registration Path via simplified Donations & Fundraising, a Mobile-First Design, Saved Profile Info (like Giveaways & Emergency Contact) to auto-fill during registration, and saved Credit Cards.
However, the Registration industry is quickly becoming more than “Just Registration”; accordingly, RunSignUp also viewed their year through three primary areas of expansion in Registration systems:
- Customer Service Optimizations: RunSignUp made improvements in their self-serve capabilities for runners, and improved their Race Websites and Runner User Interface. These updates led to happier runners, higher registration completion, and lower customer service overhead for the race.
- Race Promotions: RunSignUp provided several new options for marketing a race, including an upgraded free Race Website, Email Marketing integrated into the Race Dashboard, and better tools for promoting a race on Facebook.
- Race Day: Two acquisitions – RaceJoy App for Runner Tracking, and the timer scoring package The Race Director – headlined the 2015 RunSignUp movement to improve the Race Day experience. Other new RunSignUp Race Day options in 2016 included a Free Check-In App and Scrolling Results.
In summary, RunSignUp grew their user base in 2015 by focusing on the ease and efficiency of registration, while moving into a phase of real innovation beyond simple sign-ups. You can read the full Year In Review here: https://runsignup.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/runsignup-2015-year-in-review/
RunSignUp is the leading innovator of online tools for Races and Running Clubs. Services include RunSignUp for race registration, RunSignUp Go for Race Day, RunSignUp RD Go for Timers, RunSignUp Clubs to enable membership management, and RaceJoy for mobile race experiences. More than 4,000 race directors, timers, and running club officers use these services today, including leading organizations like the Boilermaker Road Race, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc., Fifth Third River Bank Run, The Blacklight Run, The Glo Run, Leone Timing, and many more. Services are free except for processing fees when conducting monetary transactions such as race registration or club membership renewals. RunSignUp is founded by runners for runners, using technical capabilities to bring the power of cloud computing to benefit the running community. For more information, visit www.runsignup.com.