RunSignUp has released the final stages of the project to bring Fast Registration to the endurance registration market, making it easier to capitalize on the interest of potential participants wherever and whenever they find an event. This collection of services speed registration through increased options for remembering participant data, mobile optimizations, faster page loads and the ability to reduce required steps.
Stay Logged-In: Utilizing the same approach as Facebook, participants can elect to stay logged in so that whenever they bring up RunSignUp, they are ready to go.
Saved Participant Data: Runners now have the option to save a variety of information in RunSignUp, meaning more fields that auto-populate and less keying of data for each registration. Saved fields include:
- Saved Contact Info: RunSignUp profiles save a participant’s basic information, including address, phone number, and email addresses. Registrants can also save information for family members (sub-accounts) that they may potentially register for events again in the future.
- Saved Emergency Contact: Standard Questions in the RunSignUp system – like contact information for an Emergency Contact – account for information that is commonly needed by Race Directors, and saves that data for future events.
- Saved TXT Messaging Contact: For important race information only, races can ask for permission to send TXT updates to participants; this is another field that can now be collected and saved for future races via Standard Questions.
- Saved Giveaway Preferences: Since so many races offer t-shirts as giveaways, RunSignUp will automatically save size preferences to auto-fill at future events. Giveaway sizes will be automatically matched to standard sizes (Unisex and Female), but can be mapped appropriately by a Race Director (to account for specific fit), and preferences can be updated manually by participants.
- Saved Credit Card Storage: Via a Level 1 PCI DSS compliant storage provider who specializes in credit card storage and secure payment processes, registrants can opt to save their credit card information. If they choose to do so, they will only need to enter their CVV code from the card to complete a future registration or purchase.
Faster Page Loads: This incremental improvement reducing CSS files by more than 50% means less to download, and makes race websites better and easier to use for runners.
Reduced Data Entry: Race Directors have the ability to eliminate steps (essentially, anything other than name, email, password, and credit card info) in the registration process during designated situations. A Race Director might elect to speed registration through field reduction for Mobile Registration, Expo Registration, by Date Range (i.e., Race Day), or via a specific URL (i.e. a link sent only to members of a club for whom they already have more information). With these reductions, repeat participants could register for an event with only 3 steps – selecting an event, agreeing to a waiver, and entering a CVV.
Mobile Optimization: In addition to the option to reduce data entry fields on mobile, RunSignUp has enhanced their mobile responsiveness for faster registration by ensuring the right keyboard for the information requested (i.e., a number editor for a credit card), mobile optimized images, and clean menu options. With Mobile access up to 50% of all RunSignUp access, but only 32% of all transactions, an easy mobile path turns potential participant interest into action.
These improvements add up to ease the registration process for participants, leading to fewer incomplete registrations, increased customer satisfaction, and lower customer support for the race. For more information: https://runsignup.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/runsignup-fast-registration/
RunSignUp is the leading innovator of online tools for races registration, race day solutions, and running clubs. Services include RunSignUp for registration, RunSignUp Go for Race Day, RunSignUp RD Go for Timers, RunSignUp Clubs to enable membership management, and RaceJoy for mobile experiences. More than 10,000 race directors, timers, running club officers and running stores use these services today, including leading organizations like the Boilermaker Road Race, Crim Festival of Races, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc., Fifth Third River Bank Run, Blacklight Run, Bubble Run, Night Nation, Mercedes Marathon, Kentucky Derby Festival, Leone Timing, KC Running Company, Compuscore Timing, Knoxville Track Club, Pike Peak Road Runners, Gulf Coast Runners, Columbus Running Company, Playmakers Running Store and many more. In 2015, over 10,000 races used the system to register more than 2.7 million participants. Services are free except for processing fees when conducting monetary transactions such as race registration or club membership renewal. RunSignUp is founded by runners for runners, using technical capabilities to bring the power of cloud computing to benefit the running community. For more information, visit www.RunSignUp.com.