Running USA Reveals Exciting Conference Idea Labs Ahead of Price Increase
November 28, 2023
The running industry gathers in Orlando Jan. 31 to Feb. 2 for its 20th anniversary event
ORLANDO (Nov. 28, 2023) /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – With two days to go before a price increase for the 2024 Running USA Industry Conference presented by haku, additional Idea Labs have been added to the event’s high octane educational lineup. Not registered for the world’s biggest and best running industry yet? Sign up today.
“We are grateful that so many leaders in the running industry have offered to share their knowledge with their peers,” said Jay Holder, Executive Director of Running USA. “The topics being covered at this year’s conference will kick off an ongoing dialogue that will help us all continue to work together to increase participation in running events across the country.”
The newly unveiled Idea Labs are:
- How to Double Your Registration Numbers in One Year: Phil Dumontet, Race Director, Boulderthon
- Utilizing Run Coaching to Transform Your Race and the Running Industry: Vanessa Peralta-Mitchell, Owner, VCPM Inc.
- Succession Planning: Demystifying the Deal Process: Charlie Mercer, CEO, Capstone Event Group
They join a strong group of already announced Idea Labs, which include:
- Building an Event Management Business from the Ground Up: Dave McGillivray, Founder and President, DMSE Sports
- Ensuring Event Safety at Scale: Exploring Robust Solutions for Diverse Race Environments: Cat Cecere, Managing Director, Learning and Management Practice, Joffe Emergency Services
- Media Sponsorship 101: Meg Treat, Owner and Principal, Treat Public Relations
- Shielding Your Business: Tax Efficiency and Asset Protection Strategies: Lonnie Somers, Chief HAL Officer, HAL Sports
Also previously announced, Olympic Marathon Trials qualifiers Frank Lara and Dakotah Lindwurm will join the event for a main stage panel moderated by Olympian Carrie Tollefson, who represented the U.S. in the 1500 meters at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. Newly added to the panel is Ben Rosario, Executive Director of HOKA Northern Arizona Elite and a longtime coach of elite athletes at the global and national level.
And Dennis Snow, a renowned customer service leader and recognized innovator at Walt Disney World, will address attendees on February 1 as the keynote speaker.
Not registered for the world’s biggest and best running industry yet? Sign up today – a price increase is coming at midnight on Nov. 30.
About the Industry Conference
Since its origins as a small gathering of Running USA’s founders in Southern California in 2004, the Running USA Industry Conference presented by Race Roster has grown to becoming the best-attended, most esteemed gathering of running industry professionals from around the USA and the world. Now moving locations each year, the conference has been held in Los Angeles, San Diego, Savannah, Houston, San Antonio, Denver, New Orleans, Puerto Rico, Las Vegas and returns to Orlando for the 2024 event.
About Running USA
Running USA is a non-profit organization committed to the growth and success of the running industry. Our promise is to deliver quality education, exceptional industry content, valuable research and ample networking opportunities. We connect. We support. We educate. Running USA brings together an entire community. As the voice of endurance running, we’re all about connection and collaboration. Whether we’re connecting race organizers with sponsors, partners and athletes, or connecting our members with vital information and best practices, our goal is to raise the profile of running and help more people get more out of it. For more information, visit runningusa.org.