Seven races attracting over 23,000 runners are spotlighted at the national level of this historic event series
Arlington, VA – The RRCA Championship Event Series is one of the oldest traditions in distance running in the US, dating back to 1958 when the RRCA awarded its first championship designation. The goal of the RRCA Championship Event Series is to shine a spotlight on well-run, community-based events, and to promote the sport of running by recognizing the top performing runners in the Open, Masters (40+), Grand Masters (50+), and Senior Grand Masters (60+) categories for both men and women as RRCA Champions.
The 2017 RRCA Championship Event Series will conclude the year with over 240 races at the State, Regional and National level, attracting over 380,000 runners nationwide, making it the largest grassroots-organized, running event series in the U.S. The seven races that will comprise the 2018 RRCA National Championship Series anticipate total participation exceeding 23,000 runners combined.
The RRCA National Championship Credit Union Chery Blossom Ten Mile Run will provide $80,000 in prize money, while the National Half Marathon Championship Christie Clinic Illinois Half Marathon will provide over $13,000 in prize money.
RRCA Championship Events receive sponsorship support from Gatorade as the Official Fluid Replacement Drink of the RRCA; Health IQ sponsoring the race bibs, and Ashworth Awards as the Official Award Provider for the series.
All RRCA Championship Events in the series can be found at: http://www.rrca.org/calendar/find-event Use the “RRCA Championship” filter when searching event
Congratulations to the 2018 RRCA National Championship Events:
- March 4, 2018 – Marathon Championship – Napa Valley Marathon – Napa, CA http://napavalleymarathon.org/
- April 8, 2018 – 10 Mile Championship – Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run – Washington, DC http://www.cherryblossom.org
- April 28, 2018 – Half Marathon Championship – Christie Clinic Illinois Half Marathon – Champaign, IL http://www.illinoismarathon.com
- May 7, 2018 – 1 Mile Championship – The Rocket Mile – Rocky Mount, NC http://www.therocketmile.com
- August 5, 2018 – 5K Championship – Woodstock 5K – Anniston, AL
- September 16, 2018 – 10 K Championship – Toughest 10K Kemah – Kemah, TX http://www.onetough10k.org/
- August 19, 2018 – Ultra Championship – Anchorage RunFest United Physical Therapy 49K Ultra- Anchorage, AK http://www.anchoragerunfest.org
About the RRCA: The Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) is the oldest and largest national association of running organizations and runners dedicated to growing the sport since 1958. The RRCA champions the development of community-based running clubs and events that serve runners of all ages and abilities in pursuit of health and competition. The RRCA’s vision is to see an organized running club established in every community in the U.S. To learn more, visit: www.RRCA.org
# # #