Registration is now open for the Third Annual RunSignUp Race Director/Timer Symposium. The Symposium is scheduled for July 18-20, 2016 in the Old City section of Philadelphia, PA.
The 2016 Symposium will showcase the same format as 2015, with a networking opening reception, a full day of educational presentations for race directors and timers, and a half day geared towards timers and timing software systems (The Race Director, RunScore, and Agee Race Timing). Attendees can elect to attend one or all of the days. The symposium is entirely focused on training, sharing event experiences, and collaborating to improve endurance events. Time outside of presentations allows for casual networking; there is no product expo. While many attendees are RunSignUp users (there is a track of sessions featuring intensive RunSignUp training), customer presenters are encouraged to share their knowledge on a broader scale and provide inspiration to event professionals regardless of their choice of registration provider.
What’s New for 2016?
- New Dual-Track Format: Dual tracks throughout the Tuesday Sessions allow attendees to pick and choose between Customer Presentations and RunSignUp-led technical demonstrations depending on your topics of interest.
- New Venue: The Symposium has moved east to the Chemical Heritage Foundation in the historic Old City section of Philadelphia
- New Host Hotel: The Sheraton Society Hill is home for the event, offering a lower rate than the previous 2 years
- New Referral Rewards: Attendees can earn rewards (like refunds on registration, or hotel stays) by encouraging their peers to register
- More social opportunities for networking with other Race Directors and Timers
What’s Returning in 2016?
- One full-day of interactive Presentations on Tuesday, sharing Race experiences including and beyond RunSignUp
- Half-Day Timer Session on Wednesday, with representatives or experienced users from Race Director, RunScore, and Agee Race Timing
- An opening reception to meet and greet your fellow attendees
- An optional morning run (this year, the Benjamin Franklin Bridge is up!) with a RaceJoy demo
- A focus on Race Directors and Timer education not vendors or product pushers
- One-on-One meeting slots with RunSignUp representatives to review events
Registration options and more details can be found here: https://runsignup.com/symposium
RunSignUp is the leading innovator of online tools for races registration, race day solutions, and running clubs. Services include RunSignUp for registration, RunSignUp Go for Race Day, RunSignUp RD Go for Timers, RunSignUp Clubs to enable membership management, and RaceJoy for mobile experiences. More than 10,000 race directors, timers, running club officers and running stores use these services today, including leading organizations like the Boilermaker Road Race, Crim Festival of Races, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc., Fifth Third River Bank Run, Blacklight Run, Bubble Run, Night Nation, Mercedes Marathon, Kentucky Derby Festival, Leone Timing, KC Running Company, Compuscore Timing, Knoxville Track Club, Pike Peak Road Runners, Gulf Coast Runners, Columbus Running Company, Playmakers Running Store and many more. In 2015, over 10,000 races used the system to register more than 2.7 million participants. Services are free except for processing fees when conducting monetary transactions such as race registration or club membership renewal. RunSignUp is founded by runners for runners, using technical capabilities to bring the power of cloud computing to benefit the running community. For more information, visit www.RunSignUp.com.