Run Into 2019 At AR50 Or AR25 Slated for April 6, 2019
Auburn, CA – The most iconic, historic and second largest 50-mile endurance run in the U.S. is returning for its 40th year. The American River 50 Mile Endurance Run will take place on Saturday, April 6, 2019. The prestigious race brings together veterans, first-timers, and runners traveling from out of the country.
Kick off your New Year’s resolutions with a motivational boost by receiving 25% off AR50 and AR25 entries through January 15, 2019 with promo code NEWYEAR2019. Runners can also participate in the AR25, which is half the distance and the same breathtaking views.
AR50 and AR25 Participant Features:
- AR50/AR25 technical shirt
- AR50 finishers jacket
- AR50/AR25 finishers medallion
- Post-race party with hearty eats and homemade decadent triple chocolate brownies
- Beer garden (21 and over)
- Post-race massage
- A race day drawing, including four FREE entries to other NorCalUltras events (She Rocks the Trails, Twilight Trail Adventure Runs, Rio Del Lago 100) and a FREE RYP Wear Skirt for two lucky winners
- Every 40th Finisher (40, 80, 120, 160, etc.) on race day wins a commemorative knit Beanie (AR50 participants only)
- RSVP for the second largest endurance run in the United States!
AR50 begins at Folsom Point at the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area in the Sierra-Nevada Foothills. Athletes will attempt to run their fastest race with the Folsom Lake sparkling in the background as they begin their 50-mile journey on single track trails. The course travels over the Lake Natoma Crossing Bridge, to the American River Bike Trail and up to Hazel Bluffs. The 25-milers will start their portion of the race at Beal’s Point, and the 50-milers will continue to push through the second half of their race. Runners will continue to test their physical and mental abilities from Granite Bay State Park, to the Pioneer Express Trail and to Dowdin’s Post where the trail travels to the infamous “Dam Wall” where runners begin the dramatic climb to the summit and are greeted by the “Party at Last Gasp.” Runners reach the home stretch with motivational mile marker signs, the sound of the congratulatory cow bells and energetic spectators as cheerleaders while they run their 2.5 victory miles to cross the finish line in Auburn.
Click here to register for AR50 or AR25.
American River 50 Mile Endurance Run
Saturday, April 6, 2019
Julie Fingar, 916.765.6021, Julie@norcalultras.com