Ready To Rock? Humana Rock ‘N’ Roll Virtual Running Club Is Rocking Out This June
June 11, 2021
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC to help runners hit new goals and longer distances with month-long marathon challenges - New AdvoCare Spark Energy Challenge and Vega Stay Connected Challenge gives runners an opportunity to earn limited-edition badges with new week-long challenges
TAMPA, Fla. (June 11, 2021) –The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll® Virtual Running Club™ (VRC™) is ready to rock this June with the Rock Out theme, offering marathon challenges all month long. From half marathon to standalone five-mile races, participants will have the chance to work up to the marathon distance for a rockin’ way to kick off the summer. Rock ‘n’ Roll VR22 kicked off the month offering a half marathon which ran from Wednesday, June 2 at 5 a.m. through Sunday, June 6 11:59 p.m. your local time. Participants also have the chance to end the month strong with the Vega Rock ‘n’ Roll VR25, which includes 3K, 5K, and marathon options.
In addition, Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC is always adding new challenges. This month, Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll started with the AdvoCare Spark® Energy Challenge. This week-long challenge encourages participants to run or walk 13 miles for the 13 permanent flavors of AdvoCare Spark® Energy. Additionally, the Vega® Stay Connected Challenge starts June 14 and consists of 5 sessions during the week of one mile or more. Registration for June 2021 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC events are currently open and available for FREE to the entire global community at runrocknrollvr.com.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR22 – Half Marathon – June 2-6
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR23 – 5 Mile – June 11-13
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR24 – 5 Mile – June 18-20
- Vega Rock ‘n’ Roll VR25 – 3K, 5K, and Marathon Options – June 21-27
Happening in June:
- AdvoCare Spark® Energy Challenge: AdvoCare Spark® Energy has 13 permanent flavors that add a boost of energy to every walk or run. Between Monday, June 7 and Sunday, June 13, participants have the opportunity to run or walk 13 miles (for the 13 permanent AdvoCare Spark® Energy flavors) to earn a limited-edition badge. Look for more details throughout the week here.
- Vega® Stay Connected Challenge: In a year where connection has often been virtual, Vega wants to encourage you to get outside and get active with someone who matters to you. Whether virtually or in person, head out for a run of at least 1 mile each day for five days between June 14 and June 18. View the challenge here.
- SiS Flavor of the Week Challenges: Since May, participants have been adding some flavor to their long run with Science in Sport (SiS) on the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC. Continuing through June, runners can complete all six SiS Flavor of the Week challenges over the remaining period and participants can be entered into a drawing to win a year’s supply of fuel from Science in Sport. *Limited to U.S. participants only. Learn more about the SiS Flavor of the Week challenge by visiting here.
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC PR Series: In June, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC will continue its popular PR Series that will be available through the end of the year. That means participants can race any classic distance (1-mile, 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon) with the flexibility of their schedule. Check out the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC PR Series as it rolls out throughout the month of June here.
- Record Year Update: The Record Year is a community-based challenge through the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC that allows participants to contribute mileage towards a tracking log each month, inspiring individuals to see how far they’ve gone over the entire year of 2021. Since the beginning of January, nearly 12,000 participants have taken on the challenge, together logging over 1,000,000 miles in the first five months of 2021. Learn more about the Record Year challenge by visiting here (update to the June link).
To register for a Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club Challenge, runners or walkers only need to sign up through the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC platform and connect to their tracker app. Runners can then complete their registration by going to the “Events” tab and clicking “Register Now” for free on the virtual race page.
Full details and specifics regarding the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club and Challenges are available on www.runrocknrollvr.com. For more information on the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series, please visit the website at www.runrocknroll.com. Media related inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
About Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club
The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll® Virtual Running Club™ (VRC™) is both a web-based platform and mobile app that allows runners from around the world to engage, connect, earn rewards, and compete in Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ (VR™) Series events with a distance for everyone. Since its launch in April of 2020, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC continues to see thousands of runners and walkers engage on the platform and find their virtual start line each week, bringing the global running community together. Additional details about the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC platform can be found at www.runrocknrollvr.com.
About Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series
The Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series is the world’s largest running series taking part in destination locations around the world every year. Established in 1998, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series simple idea of making running fun has transformed both the U.S. and global running landscape by infusing the course with live bands, cheer teams and entertaining water stations, creating a block-party atmosphere for participants and spectators alike. Focused on running, music and community, race weekend kicks off with a free Health & Fitness Expo showcasing the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health and nutritional information and much more. Events culminate with an entertaining finish-line festival featuring some of the biggest names in music, with past performances including Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, O.A.R. Aloe Blacc, Pitbull, Flo Rida, The Band Perry, Fitz and the Tantrums, the Goo Goo Dolls and Bret Michaels. Further information about the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series can be found online at www.RunRocknRoll.com and follow @RunRocknRoll on all social platforms.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com.