Pinarello US Announces New Scuderia Roster for 2022
January 6, 2022
Brennan Wertz, Bradyn Lange, Hillary Allen and Johnny Collinson join the Scuderia
Solana Beach, CA. (1/6/22) /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – Following its bold move into the gravel sector in 2021, Pinarello, the storied Italian bicycle maker, announces the expansion of its Scuderia ambassador program for 2022. The Scuderia brings together athletes and community leaders from unique corners of the cycling and adventure sports sectors to motivate and inspire others to tap into the power of riding bikes. Whether racing at the highest level or introducing someone to their first gravel event, Scuderia members will advocate for creating space for women, aging athletes, kids and BIPOC athletes within the cycling community, and highlight the bike as a fundamental tool for all athletes to push their personal boundaries.
Building on the Scuderia’s successful launch in 2021, Pinarello will evolve the Scuderia into a 3-tiered program with distinct rosters for Competitive, Community Leader and Adventure tiers. “The Scuderia is designed to foster excellence, while at the same time, open doors to underrepresented communities in cycling by giving athletes the support they need to reach their full potential in whichever discipline or initiative they are dedicating themselves to,” said Kim Rogers, Pinarello’s US Marketing Director and visionary of the Scuderia program. “We believe that if you put someone on a Pinarello, it’s limitless as to what they can achieve. We aim to empower each member to motivate and inspire each other as well as their respective communities to tap into the power of bikes.”
From Big Mountain Skiers to Pro Gravel racers, the 2022 Scuderia roster welcomes a diverse group of cyclists, including:
- Competitive – the goal of the Competitive tier is to support emerging talent in gravel racing and provide the support they need to achieve the next level in their racing career through a robust program of support.
- Community Leaders – the Community Leader tier represents returning Scuderia members from 2021 who have strong leadership and mentorship goals going into 2022. These athletes embody the brand’s dedication to supporting and growing underrepresented communities at large. Each athlete will focus on a series of clinics throughout the year with their own unique focus.
- Mari Holden – Olympic Silver Medalist, TT World Champion and Community Director for USA Cycling.
- Jess Cerra – former UCI pro rider. Co-founder of The Last Best Ride Gravel race in Montana and creator of JoJe Bar.
- Anthony Carter – Director and Coach of Get-It-In Cycling, a club for BIPOC cyclists with over 5,000 members.
- Adventure – the Adventure tier features prominent athletes that use cycling as a tool to enhance their primary sport. Whether it’s cross-training, recovering from an injury or exploring new landscapes, each athlete will have the support of Pinarello in energizing their professional and athletic endeavors.
- Hillary Allen – Ultra trail runner, US Skyrunning Champion and author of Out & Back: A Runner’s Story of Survival and Recovery Against All Odds.
- John Collinson – Utah-based big mountain skier and passionate cyclist. Youngest person ever to complete the Seven Summits.
- Jamie Bestwick – BMX legend, 14-time X Games gold medalist and Olympic coach for Team GB BMX. Raced Unbound Gravel 200 in 2021.
As the Scuderia moves into 2022, you will be sure to see the above athletes making an impact beyond any other Ambassador program. Look for the Scuderia at the forefront of gravel’s most elite races, leading clinics coaching cycling’s next generation and deep in mountains testing the technical limits of Pinarello’s bikes. The Scuderia Pinarello will be rallying their respective communities to find their own passions on two wheels.
To learn more about Pinarello please visit: Pinarello.com
Pinarello was founded in 1952 and is a leading premium road bike, accessories and apparel brand. The company is known for its cutting-edge, Italian-designed road bikes for use by amateur and professional riders alike. Sold in over 50 countries worldwide, Pinarello’s products are clearly differentiated by advanced technology, uncompromising performance and beautiful style. A favorite of Grand Tour riders, Pinarello is currently partnering with Team Ineos Grenadiers and has provided bikes to 30 Grand Tour winners, including seven of the last nine Tour de France’s.