Picky Bars Sponsored Team: Picky Bars Announces Pro Athlete Partnerships
April 6, 2015
Picky Bars Sponsors a team of competitive and outdoor athletes - 15 athletes total.
April 6th, Bend, OR – Today Picky Bars announced their first ever partnerships with fifteen world-class professional athletes, spanning a wide range of endurance, outdoor, and adventure sports. The “Picky Team” includes:
– Western States / Leadville 100 champion: Rob Krar
– Rock climber and acclaimed film director: Cedar Wright
– Ultrarunning champion: Alex Varner
– Ultrarunner and “Grand Slam” finisher: Denise Bourassa
– Olympic track star: Andrew Wheating
– Freestyle whitewater kayaker and star of several whitewater films: Ben Marr
– Snowboarder and co-founder of Drink Water: Austin Smith
– Olympic Medalist Swimmer and ESPY Finalist: Caitlin Leverenz
– Triathlete and Ironman commentator: Matt Lieto
– Multiple X-Games Gold Medalist and elite-amateur triathlete: Dave Mirra
– World Championship track medalist and Founder of Run Gum: Nick Symmonds
– Professional all-female track team Little Wing, including:
– NCAA Champion, Pan American Gold Medalist Christine Babcock
– World Relays Silver Medalist and US Road Mile Champion Kate Grace
– Olympic Trials qualifier Collier Lawrence
– NCAA Champion Mel Lawrence.
The athletes will use Picky Bars to fuel their training, competition and snacking needs as active members of the company’s popular subscription service, the Picky Club.
For more information visit www.pickybars.com
Quotes from the founders:
“It was important to us to partner with athletes that not only strive for greatness, but who give back, encourage, support, and actively participate in their sport communities. That type of involvement is the foundation of Picky Bars success, and our founders’ success as individual athletes. This team is an awesome extension of that ideal,” said co-founder, CEO, and multiple champion triathlete Jesse Thomas.
“When we started four years ago, it was in part to create great nutrition, but also to give Jesse, Steph, and I a platform to connect with our communities in a way that matched our style and values. It’s always been a dream and goal of ours to support other athletes in lower profile sports in ways that showcase not only their athletic badassery, but also the cool stuff they do outside of competition,” said co-founder, CMO, and 2x US 5k Champion, Lauren Fleshman.
“The Picky Team is full of the kind of people who make you want to go big and live well,” added co-Founder and world class marathoner Steph Bruce.
More Information on Picky Bars
Professional athletes Jesse Thomas, Lauren Fleshman and Steph Bruce founded Picky Bars in 2010 to meet their nutritional needs while training. A real food bar built for performance, Picky Bars are balanced with a 4:1 carbs to protein ratio, making them the ideal real food alternative for fueling and recovery. They are also allergy friendly, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, made with organic ingredients, and 100% non-GMO. The athlete-owned business is based in Bend, OR. Learn more atwww.pickybars.com.
50 SW Bond St, #3 Bend, OR 97702