Outside Interactive, Inc. Launches the Next Evolution of Outside+ Membership
November 23, 2021
New benefits come to life in the updated membership portal; Valued at over $500+, for $99/year
BOULDER, CO — November 23, 2021— Outside Interactive, Inc., the world’s leading creator of active lifestyle content, services, events, and experiences, today announced the next evolution of Outside+, the ultimate membership for active and healthy lifestyle enthusiasts that combines all of the Outside brands into a single bundle offering. Outside+ has continually added member benefits in the past year, all without increasing the membership price, but today announces the largest enhancements and value adds to date.
Outside+ members have a wide range of adventure and activity interests. In an effort to help customers better understand the benefits that are more meaningful to the activities they love, Outside has updated Outside+ membership bundles. Outside has launched new membership bundles, ranging from The Adventure Bundle, which groups together the most relevant benefits, such as ski trips, gear discounts, and action-packed documentaries; to the Nutrition & Wellness Bundle, highlighting recipes, meal plans, and yoga courses; and the Cycling Bundle for enthusiastic riders, gaining access to VeloNews and Peloton Magazine. While all Outside+ members receive access to the same benefits, the new membership bundles make it easier for members to navigate to their preferred perks.
“Our audience is made up of the world’s most active hikers, skiers, cyclists, climbers, and other outdoor enthusiasts, all who have unique interests and pursuits,” said Outside CEO, Robin Thurston. “Improving the Outside+ user experience was a natural next step. We already provide members with best-in-class content, experiences, utilities, community, and commerce – now, we’re making this experience even more personalized. Our goal is to provide endless inspiration and resources to fuel users’ pursuit of epic and everyday adventures.”
Since the initial membership launch, Outside has consistently added new benefits to Outside+, all without increasing the membership price, including:
- Outside Shop: This online, one-stop-shop includes thousands of brand-name products, carefully curated by Outside’s product buyers and gear experts, ranging from jackets and shoes, to yoga mats. This includes personalized quarterly and monthly subscription gear boxes, valued at $50-$300. All Outside+ members receive a $50 credit with $100 eligible purchase*, valid through the current term of the member’s subscription.
- Trailforks Pro Features: Access to Trailforks Pro and its database of over 400K trails worldwide, including unlimited offline downloads.
- Gaia GPS Premium: Access to offline maps and the entire map catalog, including weather and terrain overlays.
- Outside TV: Stream more than 600 hours of member-only TV shows and films featuring outrageous ski action, heart-pounding climbing stories, survival challenges, and travel documentaries.
- SKI Gear concierge: Access to SKI magazine’s private Slack channel to chat directly with the editorial staff about gear insight.
- Streaming library: Access to the greatest collection of adventure sports and lifestyle films, series, live-streamed events and more from the biggest names in outdoor and adventure sports.
- New instructional courses: Join a preseason workout with a U.S. Ski Team trainer and learn about avalanche awareness, hacks for snow emergencies, and pro tips to become a smarter and safer backcountry skier.
- Injury insurance: Members receive Spot Injury Insurance coverage at a discounted price and are covered while skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, and hiking anywhere in the US.
- Modern Adventure Trips discount: Discounted access to epic custom trips for Outside+ members only to Alaska, Patagonia, the French Alps, and Everest Base Camp in 2022, accompanied by Outside editors.
- athleteReg discount: Up to $30 off your next race and $30 off race fees on athleteReg, Outside’s online athletic event registration platform.
- And more: From cooking how-to’s and meal plans, to Warren Miller film tickets and fitness challenges, Outside regularly adds new benefits to the Outside+ membership experience.
Currently valued at more than $500+, an Outside+ membership is $99/year. U.S. residents may choose two print subscriptions from these 11 titles: Backpacker, Beta MTB, Clean Eating, Climbing, Outside, SKI, Trail Runner, Triathlete, VeloNews, Peloton, or Yoga Journal. Join now or learn more at outsideonline.com/outsideplus.
* For complete details, see Program Terms. U.S. mailing addresses only; inventory quantities limited
About Outside Interactive, Inc.
Outside is the premier destination for active lifestyle enthusiasts and home to leading brands in the endurance sports, outdoor, and healthy living spaces. Each month, Outside reaches 80 million of the most active consumers in the world across its 40+ media, digital, and technology platforms, creating an experience for both longtime adventurers and those just getting started. Outside believes life is best spent outdoors, experiencing healthy, connected, and fulfilling lives. Outside’s membership offering, Outside+, bundles best-in-class storytelling, meal plans, gear reviews, online courses, discounted event access, magazines, and more. Learn more at OutsideInc.com.
Media inquiries, please contact:
Alex Austin, INK Communications Co.