IRONMAN Launches Series of Challenges Across North American IRONMAN 70.3 & IRONMAN Triathlons in 2023
December 21, 2022
Athletes that cross the finish line at both the IRONMAN 70.3 and IRONMAN races in a combo in the same calendar year to be rewarded with Challenge medals or gifts at the finish line; Each Challenge pairs two destination races with theme tailored to a unique characteristic or geographic aspect connecting the two events; Registration for each Challenge is currently open by visiting: www.ironman.com/challenges
TAMPA, Fla. (Dec. 21, 2022) /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – IRONMAN has launched a series of challenges across North American IRONMAN® 70.3® and IRONMAN® triathlons in 2023, providing athletes the opportunity to get rewarded for completing both an IRONMAN 70.3 race and IRONMAN race within the same calendar year. With race combos including different events across North America, these challenges will allow athletes to enjoy two incredible race experiences.
Athletes who cross the finish line at both the IRONMAN 70.3 and full-distance IRONMAN races in each combo in the same calendar year will be eligible to earn challenge medals or gifts that will be awarded at the finish lines of a full-distance IRONMAN race. Each challenge pairs two destination races with a theme tailored to a unique characteristic or geographic aspect connecting the two events and adding to each athlete’s personal accomplishment.
“We want to reward our athletes for taking on the challenge and completing two epic events in 2023,” said Elizabeth O’Brien, Managing Director, North America for The IRONMAN Group. “Whether athletes are looking for a PR or just a tune-up race before conquering a full-distance IRONMAN triathlon, these challenges are designed to give them the best path to success. We hope to see athletes embrace the challenge and crush their goals this coming year.”
Below is a list of the Challenge combos available in 2023:
TEXAS TWO STEP CHALLENGE
- IRONMAN 70.3 Texas – April 2, 2023
- Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Texas, Americas Championship, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – April 22, 2023
- IRONMAN 70.3 St. George, North American Championship – West – May 28, 2023
- IRONMAN Coeur d’Alene, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – June 25, 2023
- IRONMAN 70.3 Chattanooga – May 21, 2023
- IRONMAN Chattanooga, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – September 24, 2023
- IRONMAN 70.3 Victoria, North American TriClub Championship – West – May 28, 2023
- IRONMAN Canada, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – August 27, 2023
URBAN TO ICONIC CHALLENGE
- IRONMAN 70.3 Western Massachusetts – June 11, 2023
- Athletic Brewing IRONMAN Lake Placid, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – July 23, 2023
GERRY BOYLE CRABBY CHALLENGE
- IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman – June 11, 2023
- IRONMAN Maryland, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – Sept. 16, 2023
*Challenge named in honor of the late and great Gerry Boyle. Gerry was the IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman and IRONMAN Maryland Race Director and played an integral part in bringing the latter event to fruition in 2014. For more than 20 years, Gerry dedicated much of his life to supporting the thousands of athletes who descended upon Cambridge each year.
- IRONMAN 70.3 Mont-Tremblant – June 25, 2023
- IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – August 20, 2023
- Maytag IRONMAN 70.3 Steelhead, North American TriClub Championship – Midwest – June 25, 2023
- IRONMAN Wisconsin, North American TriClub Championship, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – Sept. 10, 2023
- BOA IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Cruz – Sept. 10, 2023
- Kaiser Permanente IRONMAN California, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – Oct. 23, 2023
GOLF TO GULF CHALLENGE
- IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta – September 23, 2023
- Visit Panama City Beach IRONMAN Florida, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – Nov. 4, 2023
- IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona – Oct. 22, 2023
- IRONMAN Arizona, part of the VinFast IRONMAN North America Series – Nov. 19, 2023
To learn more or register for the 2023 IRONMAN 70.3 & IRONMAN Challenges, visit: www.ironman.com/challenges.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and City2Surf®, UTMB® World Series events including the Canyons Endurance Runs™, Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, Epic Series™ mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Catering to the full athlete experience, the company portfolio also includes FulGaz® virtual cycling, the most realistic indoor riding experience connected fitness application aimed at preparing athletes for real-world events. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com/about-ironman-group.
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Warner Bros. Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com.