iFit Connected Fitness Now Streaming Family-Friendly Workouts for Back to School
August 27, 2020
iFit fuses exercises with education
LOGAN, Utah — iFit, the leading interactive, connected fitness platform, is now streaming treadmill, stationary bike and elliptical workouts designed to ease the transition into the unique school year ahead. Many iFit Global Workouts are educational and are now supplemented with fun geography activities to motivate children to learn while getting in their recommended daily exercise. These iFit family-friendly workouts are available on iFit-enabled treadmills and bikes, including NordicTrack and ProForm, as well as on the iFit app.
Physical education is essential to a child’s wellbeing. Not only is it necessary for their physical health, but research also suggests that it is an important factor in memory performance. The iFit family-friendly workouts range from 11–34 minutes and are beginner to moderate in intensity. As the school year progresses, iFit plans to add more workouts and activity worksheets to the library.
iFit workouts on treadmills and ellipticals include:
- Beach of Kings Walk—Explore the magnificent Easter Island statues off the coast of Chile.
- Hauru Beach Walk—Discover the beautiful white sand beaches of Moorea in French Polynesia.
- Mommy and Me Series—Parents and their children can work out together in this equipment-free workout on the beaches of Tahiti and Bora Bora.
- Lower Emerald Pools Tour—Explore the stunning emerald pools of Zion National Park in Utah.
- City of God Temple Cultural Walk—Enjoy a guided tour and learn about the rich history of Shanghai, China.
- Holy City Walk—Explore temples, ceremonial chambers and other famous landmarks that are part of Petra’s rich history.
- Niagara Falls Race Warmup—Participate in a quick 11-minute workout, while viewing one of the world’s most famous waterfalls.
- Ancient Egypt Walking Tour—Explore the magical pyramids and learn about the extensive history of ancient Egypt in this 14-part series.
- Holland Walking Tour—Explore the charming countryside of Holland during this walking tour in this 5-part series.
iFit workouts on bikes include:
- Spanish Valley Ride—Take in the beautiful red rocks of Moab, Utah, while getting in some daily exercise.
- Old City Istanbul—Learn about the history and beautiful architecture of Istanbul, Turkey.
- Mount Fuji Downhill Recovery Ride—Cyclists can imagine the wind in their hair as they ride down famous Mount Fuji trails in Fujinomiya, Japan.
- Ken’s Lake Ride—Ride along the beautiful Ken Lake in Moab, Utah.
- Matterhorn Ride—Explore the striking Swiss Alps in this fun bike ride.
- Rockin’ A Trail Ride—Get a quick, 16-minute ride in during this fun, rocky trail through Moab, Utah.
The iFit geography activities include:
- Continental Match-Up, Name That Continent and Continental Crossword
- Egyptian Word Find, Egyptian Maze and Egyptian Crossword
- Holland Word Find, Holland Maze and Holland Crossword
The iFit family-friendly workouts are available now to all iFit members and 30-day free trial members.
Suggested iFit-enabled products include:
Photo caption: iFit family-friendly workouts include a 14-part walking tour of Egypt, accompanied by fun Egypt-themed worksheets.
iFit pioneered interactive, connected fitness and was issued its first of many patents in 1999. Founded with the belief that the majority of consumers would benefit from an interactive, personal training experience at home, iFit’s trainer-led, streaming workouts are now trusted by millions of consumers around the globe.
iFit offers workout options for every fitness level and interest. Customers can access bodyweight training, HIIT cardio workouts, yoga and connected fitness workouts on NordicTrack and ProForm home equipment or Freemotion equipment at commercial facilities. Patented interactive technology allows iFit Trainers to create highly personalized workouts for iFit members and adjust the user’s incline, speed and resistance instantly during the workout. iFit interactive workouts are available on treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, rowers, strength machines and the iFit app.
For those without iFit-enabled equipment, simply download the iFit App, prop a smartphone or tablet on your treadmill and manually adjust to match the iFit workout streaming on your device.
Content on all machines includes interactive Studio Classes, Global Workouts, Cross Training Workouts and Google Maps Workouts.
iFit is owned by ICON Health & Fitness, the global leader in home, commercial and connected fitness.They hold more than 275 fitness patents, with 138 pending. iFit workouts are available in English, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French and German, with more languages planned for 2020.