Hospital Hill Run Opens the 2021 Half Marathon Season in Kansas City
March 23, 2021
Hospital Hill Run is given the green light to produce a live in-person event on June 5, 2021
Kansas City, MO – The Hospital Hill Run will be the first Half Marathon offering a live in-person event in the Kansas City Metro area in 2021. The event weekend includes a Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k distances and will take place in Kansas City, MO on June 5, 2021.
“The health and wellness of our participants, staff, volunteers, and local community are the top priority for race day,” said Lisa Drake, Race Director of the Hospital Hill Run.
All city and state protocols will be followed, and specific precautions will be implemented, such as:
Expo & Packet Pickup
- Moved to an open-air venue, under the Ice Terrace at Crown Center, Friday, June 4th, 9-7 pm only, with the packet pickup open until 8 pm.
- All participants, staff, and volunteers MUST wear masks during all Expo hours.
- Beginning start time moved to 6:30 am.
- Participants will line up and corral according to start time/bib number (Pre-race communication to instruct start information will be emailed).
- Corrals will form in Washington Park, just West of the start.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed in the staging and start/finish line area.
- ALL participants MUST wear a mask in the corrals, at the start of the race.
- To date, no finish line party.
- Spectators are discouraged (More info will be available at hospitalhillrun.com).
- No gear check.
- All participants MUST wear a mask upon finishing and in the finish line area
- Runners are encouraged to carry their own hydration, however, there will be aid stations on the course, abiding by new protocols.
- With a 6:30 am start, runners are encouraged to take advantage of special Hospital Hill Run hotel rates at The Westin Crown Center. For reservations, go to: https://hospitalhillrun.com/athlete-info/#travel&hotels
To view additional information about the wellness protocols implemented for race day, runners may visit: https://hospitalhillrun.com/wellness2021/
The Hospital Hill Run continues its longtime tradition of giving back to the Kansas City community by partnering with Children’s Mercy Hospital in 2021. Runners have the option to become an individual or team fundraiser to raise money for a great cause. 100% of funds raised will go to the ‘I Love Children’s Mercy Fund,’ which provides advanced medical treatments, compassionate care, and fuels world-class research. To learn more about the partnership and fundraising opportunities, visit: https://hospitalhillrun.com/childrens-mercy/
Runners looking to supercharge their training can join one of the Official Hospital Hill Run training teams or meet-ups. In addition, free training plans designed by Hospital Hill Run official coach Eladio Valdez III are available for download at: https://hospitalhillrun.com/training/
To learn more and signup for the upcoming Hospital Hill Run, athletes may go to hospitalhillrun.com
For more information, contact Lisa Drake at email@example.com
About Hospital Hill Run
What began in 1974 with 99 athletes paying a $1 fee to run a 6.8-mile course starting and ending in Crown Center has evolved into an annual Kansas City running Tradition that regularly hosts thousands of athletes from all over the country. Hospital Hill Run was recognized in 2020 by the Pitch Magazine as the Reader’s Choice Award Winner for best-organized footrace in Kansas City, MO. The 48th annual Hospital is set for June 5, 2021, featuring 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon distances.
For more information regarding Hospital Hill Run, go to www.hospitalhillrun.com.
About Children’s Mercy
Founded in 1897, Children’s Mercy is a leading independent children’s health organization dedicated to holistic care, translational research, educating caregivers and breakthrough innovation to create a world of well-being for all children. With not-for-profit hospitals in Missouri and Kansas, and numerous specialty clinics in both states, Children’s Mercy provides the highest level of care for children from birth through the age of 21. U.S. News & World Report has repeatedly ranked Children’s Mercy as one of “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.” For the fifth consecutive time in a row, Children’s Mercy has achieved Magnet nursing designation, awarded to only about 8% of all hospitals nationally, for excellence in quality care. More than 850 pediatric subspecialists, researchers and faculty across more than 40 subspecialties are actively involved in clinical care, pediatric research and education of the next generation of pediatric subspecialists. Thanks to generous philanthropic and volunteer support, Children’s Mercy provides hope, comfort and the prospect of brighter tomorrows to every child who passes through its doors. Visit Children’s Mercy and the Children’s Mercy Research Institute to learn more, and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for the latest news and videos.