Hit Repeat! Humana Rock ‘N’ Roll Virtual Running Club Is Repeating the Fun This July
July 12, 2021
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC to revisit distances from earlier in the year to check on runners’ progress - New Vega® Going Green Challenge encourages runners to get outside and hit their weekly step goal
TAMPA, Fla. – The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll® Virtual Running Club™ (VRC™) is hitting repeat during the month of July with runners ]seeing familiar distances through the month. Throughout the month, participants will have the chance to increase their milage building towards the Vega® Rock ‘n’ Roll VR29 which includes a 5K, 7K and Remix from July 23-25.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR27 – 5 Mile – July 9-11
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR28 – 6 Mile – July 16-18
- Vega Rock ‘n’ Roll VR29 – 5K, 7K, and Remix – July 23-25
Also happening in July:
- Vega® Going Green Challenge: The Vega® Going Green Challenge encourages participants to get out and reach their weekly step goal. Between Monday, July 12 and Friday, July 16, participants will be able to log 20,000 steps in multiple sessions for a chance to be entered in a chance to win. Participants who complete the challenge will be entered in a drawing at random. Three lucky participants drawn will win an exclusive Vega® Protein and Greens Prize Pack. Look for more details throughout the week here.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Challenge Series: Each month leading up the 2022 Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series Las Vegas the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC will be introducing a series of challenges to help runners prepare for a run down the Vegas Strip during the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series’ pinnacle event. Five participants who complete all Vegas VR challenges and are registered for the live event will win an upgrade to VIP on race weekend. Learn more about Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas here.
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC PR Series: In July, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC will continue its popular PR Series that will be available through the end of the year. That means participants can race any classic distance (1 mile, 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon) with the flexibility of their schedule. Check out the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC PR Series as it rolls out throughout the month of July here.
- Record Year Community Challenge: The Record Year is a community-based challenge through the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC that allows participants to contribute mileage towards a tracking log each month, inspiring individuals to see how far they’ve gone over the entire year of 2021. Since the beginning of January, nearly 12,000 participants have taken on the challenge, together logging over 1,100,000 miles in the first six months of 2021. Learn more about the Record Year challenge by visiting here.
To register for a Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club Challenge, runners or walkers only need to sign up through the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC platform and connect to their tracker app. Runners can then complete their registration by going to the “Events” tab and clicking “Register Now” for free on the virtual race page.
Full details and specifics regarding the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club and Challenges are available on www.runrocknrollvr.com. For more information on the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series, please visit the website at www.runrocknroll.com. Media related inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
About Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club
The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll® Virtual Running Club™ (VRC™) is both a web-based platform and mobile app that allows runners from around the world to engage, connect, earn rewards, and compete in Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ (VR™) Series events with a distance for everyone. Since its launch in April of 2020, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC continues to see thousands of runners and walkers engage on the platform and find their virtual start line each week, bringing the global running community together. Additional details about the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC platform can be found at www.runrocknrollvr.com.
About Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series
The Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series is the world’s largest running series taking part in destination locations around the world every year. Established in 1998, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series simple idea of making running fun has transformed both the U.S. and global running landscape by infusing the course with live bands, cheer teams and entertaining water stations, creating a block-party atmosphere for participants and spectators alike. Focused on running, music and community, race weekend kicks off with a free Health & Fitness Expo showcasing the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health and nutritional information and much more. Events culminate with an entertaining finish-line festival featuring some of the biggest names in music, with past performances including Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, O.A.R. Aloe Blacc, Pitbull, Flo Rida, The Band Perry, Fitz and the Tantrums, the Goo Goo Dolls and Bret Michaels. Further information about the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series can be found online at www.RunRocknRoll.com and follow @RunRocknRoll on all social platforms.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com/about-ironman-group.
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com.