Grandma’s Marathon Registration Approaching Price Increase
December 31, 2019
Entry fee increases to $135 on January 1, 2020
(Duluth, MN): The registration price for Grandma’s Marathon increases on January 1. Registration for the 44th annual Grandma’s Marathon Weekend races opened October 1, 2019, which included Grandma’s Marathon, the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon and the William A. Irvin 5K.
All Grandma’s Marathon participants registered before 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2019, will receive a complimentary full-zip, fleece lined training jacket. After December 31, runners will have the option to purchase the jacket at a discounted price. Entries for Grandma’s Marathon are taken on a first come, first serve basis until the race reaches 9,000 participants. The entry fee increases to $135 on January 1 with additional price increases scheduled until June 1, or until the race limit is met (see below for complete pricing structure).
Registration for the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon is sold out for 2020; however, guaranteed half marathon entries are still available through our official Charity Partner Program. There are less than 50 spots available in the William A. Irvin 5K race.
Participants can also register for the Full Great Grandma’s Challenge. The challenge is for those looking for the ultimate race experience, which pairs the William A. Irvin 5K on Friday with the full marathon on Saturday. Registration is limited to the first 500 individuals and finishers will receive an exclusive Challenge jacket.
Grandma’s Marathon Weekend is June 18-20, 2020. Grandma’s Marathon-Duluth, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) Minnesota nonprofit corporation focused on promoting and developing running and athletic events in the Twin Ports area. Grandma’s Marathon is presented by Toyota and Members Cooperative Credit Union.
2020 Grandma’s Marathon Online Registration and Fee Structure
- October 15 – December 31, 2019: $125 – includes commemorative full-zip jacket
- January 1 – March 31, 2020: $135 – option to purchase commemorative jacket
- April 1 – June 1, 2020: $145 – option to purchase commemorative jacket
Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon
- Regular registration closed as the 7,500 capacity has been met. Entries are available through our Charity Partner Program.
- Option to purchase commemorative Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon 30th Anniversary jacket
William A. Irvin 5K
- December 1, 2019 – June 1, 2020: $45
- Limited to the first 2,000 registrants.
Great Grandma’s Challenge- Marathon
- December 1 – December 31, 2019: $195 – includes commemorative full-zip jacket
- January 1 – March 31, 2020: $205 – option to purchase a commemorative jacket
- April 1 – June 1, 2020: $215 – option to purchase a commemorative jacket
Great Grandma’s Challenge- Half Marathon
- Registration closed. Limited to the first 500 registrants.