Giro Launches the Contour RS Goggle
January 27, 2021
The Contour RS features a stealthy silhouette and boasts the largest field of view in its class.
(January 27, 2021 – Park City, UT) Giro Sport Design, the leader in high-performance snow helmets and goggles, today announced the launch of its new Contour RS goggle. Designed in tandem with ZEISS Optics®, the Contour RS (Reduced Size) features a smaller toric lens shape, utilizes Giro’s premium VIVID lens technology, and boasts 34 frame/strap combinations. The Contour RS goggle retails for $270 and will be available starting Fall 2021 from authorized Giro retailers worldwide and on www.giro.com.
“Following on the success of last year’s Contour goggle, we wanted to bring the same combination of an expanded field of view and premium lens technology found in the Contour to a wider range of riders,” commented Giro Brand Manager, Josh Reid. “Nothing beats the combination of EXV+ and our VIVID lens technology for seeing more and seeing it better.”
The Giro Contour RS delivers the same level of performance and crisp visibility as its sibling, the Contour, but is designed for skiers and snowboarders who have smaller-than-average faces. Contour RS features Expansion View Technology + (EXV+), Giro’s breakthrough semi-spherical lens curvature technology that utilizes a 6 x 1.5-degree curvature to provide the largest field of view in its class. Contour RS also uses EVAK Vent Technology and an anti-fog lens coating to prevent fogging during high-intensity efforts. The triple-layer face foam with microfleece facing of Plush Max fleece facing provides all-day comfort and offers plenty of cushion against the face.
The goggle comes with two injection-molded toric VIVID lenses with Optics by ZEISS® that can be quickly changed using Giro’s Quick-Change, Magnetic-Assisted Lens System. The goggles are also OTG friendly and feature seamless integration with all Giro helmets.
- Offered in 34 different frame/strap designs, with up to 10 standard lens configurations.
Goggle Technical Features:
- EXV+ – Expansion View Technology +
- This frame design from Giro optimizes a massive semi-spherical lens of 6 x 1.5-degrees, providing peripheral vision and an unparalleled field of view.
- EVAK Vent Technology
- This ultra-durable, non-absorbent foam material minimizes fogging by releasing moisture while simultaneously creating a barrier from the elements. Exclusive on all Giro goggles
- Triple-layer face foam with microfleece facing; three goggles use Plush Max fleecing.
- Anti-fog coating
- Seamless Compatibility with all Giro helmets
- OTG friendly
VIVID Lens Features:
- Injection-molded Toric VIVID lenses with Optics by ZEISS®
- This technology helps refine optics and minimize distortion that can occur in thermal-formed cylindrical lenses.
- Protected by durable, scratch-resistant coating. Blocks harmful UV light
- Quick-Change, Magnetic-Assisted Lens System
- An easy and intuitive interface for swapping out lenses on-the-go.
- Includes a primary VIVID ZEISS® lens and a low light VIVID ZEISS infrared lens
High-Resolution Imagery: http://bit.ly/ContourRS
Garin Fons | TRUE Communications | firstname.lastname@example.org | 952-239-1422
Giro Sport Design: Founded in Santa Cruz, California in 1985, Giro Sport Design develops new ideas to enhance the ride. Since creating the first lightweight, high-performance helmets for cycling and snowsports, we have maintained a strong focus on products that enhance the feeling of freedom and independence that riding brings to life. As the leader in the design, fit, and engineering of products that complement the body, Giro is the first choice of riders worldwide. Learn more at https://www.giro.com/the-giro-story.