Running USA Welcomes Race Directors, Vendors to 2022 Industry Conference
February 21, 2022
Orlando event hosting nearly 500 attendees from the running realm continues through Tuesday
ORLANDO (Feb. 21, 2022) /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – The running industry is returning to one of its favorite events. The 2022 Industry Conference presented by Race Roster is being presented by non-profit Running USA this week in Orlando. Programming began Sunday afternoon at Walt Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and continues through Tuesday evening.
“Our team is thrilled to reunite our members and attendees at the world’s largest education and networking event dedicated specifically to the running business,” said Dawna Stone, CEO of Running USA. “We’ve been planning this comeback for over a year and have a wonderful three days planned in Orlando.”
Highlights of this year’s conference will include:
- An opening keynote address by Rosalyn Durant, Senior Vice President of Operations for Walt Disney World Resorts
- A panel focused on Diversity, Equity and Access in the Sport, featuring Erica Edwards-O’Neal of NYRR, Alison Désir of the Running Industry Diversity Coalition, and Emily Glasser of Achilles International
- Morning runs around the Coronado Springs Resort each day
- A live podcast recorded from the main stage by “Two Black Runners,” podcasters Aaron Potts and Joshua Potts
- State of the Sport panel featuring Chris Chavez, Olympian Deena Kastor, and Ragnar Relay founder and CEO Tanner Bell
- A session focused on How to Live and Lead Mindfully with Lee Papa
- Networking receptions centering BIPOC and Women (took place Sunday)
- A sold-out event expo featuring vendors serving the industry
- Awards for industry leaders and trailblazers, presented throughout the event
- Networking receptions each evening
- The chance to learn from dozens of industry peers during Idea Labs focused on a wide variety of important topics for an industry returning to full strength post-Covid
- The opportunity for attendees to offset carbon emissions as the event works towards sustainability from the Council for Responsible Sport
- And much, much more
Nearly 500 running industry representatives are signed up to attend.
Running USA produced a special edition of its Race Director Magazine to commemorate the conference.
Not able to attend in Orlando? Follow along on social media using event hashtag #runningusa22.
About Running USA
Running USA is a non-profit organization committed to the growth and success of the running industry. Our promise is to deliver quality education, exceptional industry content, valuable research and ample networking opportunities. We connect. We support. We educate. Running USA brings together an entire community. As the voice of endurance running, we’re all about connection and collaboration. Whether we’re connecting race organizers with sponsors, partners and athletes, or connecting our members with vital information and best practices, our goal is to raise the profile of running and help more people get more out of it. For more information, visit runningusa.org
About the Industry Conference
Since its origins as a small gathering of Running USA’s founders in Southern California in 2004, the Running USA Industry Conference presented by Race Roster has grown to becoming the best-attended, most esteemed gathering of running industry professionals from around the USA and the world. Now moving locations each year, the conference has been held in Los Angeles, San Diego, Savannah, Houston, San Antonio, Orlando, New Orleans, Puerto Rico, Las Vegas and returns to Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World for 2022.