RRCA Announces 2024 National Championship Event Series
August 25, 2023
Eight races attracting over 30,000 runners lead the RRCA’s Annual Championship Event Series at the National level
Arlington, VA /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – The Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Championship Event Series is one of the oldest distance running traditions in the US, dating back to 1958 when the RRCA awarded its first championship designation. The goal of the RRCA Championship Event Series is to shine a spotlight on well-run, community-based events, and to promote the sport of running by recognizing the top performing runners in the Open, 40+, 50+, and 60+ categories for both men and women as RRCA Champions.
In 2023, the RRCA Championship Event Series continued its rebound from COVID disruptions, increasing to over 215 races at the State, Regional and National level. Over 230,000 runners nationwide took part in an RRCA Championship race throughout the year, making it the largest grassroots-organized, running event series in the U.S. For 2024, the eight races have been selected to be the RRCA National Championship Series Events. Total participation is expected to exceed 30,000 runners combined.
Congratulations to the 2022 RRCA National Championship Events:
- March 10, 2024 – Ultra Championship – SARR Prickly Pear Trail Run – San Antonio, TX
- May 5, 2024 – Marathon Championship – SDCCU OC Marathon – Costa Mesa, CA
- June 22, 2024 – 10K Championship – Midnight Sun Run – Fairbanks, AK
- June 29, 2024 – 1 Mile Championship – The Macklind Mile – St. Louis, MO
- July 27, 2024 – 7 Mile Championship – Quad-City Times Bix 7 – Davenport, IA
- August 25, 2024 – Half Marathon Championship – Pro Football Hall of Fame Half Marathon – Canton, OH
- September 9, 2024 – 5K Championship – Santa Monica Classic – Santa Monica, CA
- September 28, 2024 – 10 Mile Championship – 50th Annual Moore & Giles Virginia 10 Miler – Lynchburg, VA
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram as we celebrate the accomplishments of RRCA Champions and our host events at the National, Regional, and State levels. RRCA Championship Events receive sponsorship support from RRCA along with Gatorade as the Official Fluid Replacement Drink of the RRCA and Ashworth Awards as the Official Award Provider for the series.
About the RRCA: The Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) is the oldest and largest national association of running organizations and runners dedicated to growing the sport since 1958. The RRCA champions the development of community-based running clubs and events that serve runners of all ages and abilities in pursuit of health and competition. The RRCA’s vision is to Empower Everyone to Run. To learn more, visit: www.RRCA.org
# # #