Registration Opens for RunSignup Virtual Symposium
June 11, 2020
Moorestown, NJ – RunSignup, the leading technology provider for US races, is going virtual, following the lead of their many customers who have transitioned to a virtual event for 2020. The RunSignup Virtual Symposium, held June 22-25, 2020, is not a replication of the full experience of attending one of the company’s biannual Symposiums. Instead, it will be four half-days of content focused on education to help races, timers, and nonprofits now, with an emphasis on virtual options, modified events, and planning for multiple versions of the fall race season.
The four-day virtual event includes three intersecting tracks, with attendees mixing and matching the agenda to meet the needs of their organization, as well as general sessions, round table discussions, happy hour, and a Virtual 5K. Opportunities include:
- RunSignup sessions for Race Directors, including virtual setup options, branding and website design, low (or no) cost marketing, creating a rewarding RaceDay (with distance) and preparing for Turkey Trots and the fall race season.
- GiveSignup sessions for nonprofits, including the free Facebook Fundraiser integration, donations and fundraising for in-person and virtual events, and Giving Tuesday Donation Campaigns.
- RaceDay sessions for timers, including certification in RaceDay Scoring and RaceJoy, modifying and timing in-person events, and using technology to help races with virtual options.
- General sessions to take a broad look at what’s happening in the industry, with a focus on virtual events and challenges and modifying events to meet regulations.
- Round table discussions that allow smaller groups of industry professionals to gather (online) and discuss the current and future state of the. A virtual Happy Hour allows an additional, more casual, networking opportunity.
- A Virtual 5K provides attendees to test out virtual race technology from two sides – but as their participants experience it, and as the race organizer sets it up.
RunSignup Founder and CEO Bob Bickel said, “The demand for race education has not disappeared because events have paused – to the contrary, new technology has been released at a rapid rate, and our customers are eager to learn. Our goals with the Virtual Symposium are to facilitate knowledge-sharing between industry peers and to provide race organizers, timers, and nonprofits the tools that they need to start making some money.”
The Virtual Symposium is capped at 500 attendees, with half the slots reserved during the first 24 hours of registration. For more information, visit: https://runsignup.com/virtualsymposium
RunSignup is the leading all-in-one platform for endurance and fundraising events. More than 20,000 races, supporting over 8,000 nonprofits, use RunSignup’s free and integrated solution to save time, grow their events, and raise more. Built on a powerful CRM, RunSignup delivers the art of technology to power the entire race cycle, with promotional tools, registration, a full fundraising platform, and a suite of RaceDay products – including the runner-tracking app RaceJoy and race timing software, RaceDay Scoring. For more information, visit www.runsignup.com