QR Debuts New Bike Series with the Introduction of its SRfive Aero Road Bike
May 6, 2020
Chattanooga, TN (May 6, 2020) – American Bicycle Group (ABG), manufacturer of high-performance bicycles – Quintana Roo (QR), Litespeed (LS) and Ocoee – today announced the debut of the Quintana Roo SR series of road bikes, and with it unveils its new model: the SRfive aero road bike. Designed, engineered and manufactured under the Tennessee-based QR brand, the SRfive is UCI legal, making for legal use in draft-legal triathlons and sanctioned road races.
The SRfive benefits from Quintana Roo’s long history in aerodynamics-focused performance, resulting in an aero road bike that meets ABG’s high benchmarks in aerodynamics and stiffness, while also delivering practical advances, including room for tires up to 32mm in width and a fully-adjustable cockpit.
“Engineering a new race bike is not new territory for us,” said ABG president Peter Hurley. “The SRfive is a case-in-point. Our engineers have worked toward a goal of creating a bike that solved many aero road bike problems. We’re proud to debut not just a proven fast aero road bike, but one that, starting at $3,100 complete, represents an incredible value. You can’t find a better dollar-for-speed aero road bike.”
Features of the SRfive include:
- Proven aero carbon frame design: Tunnel testing yielded drag numbers 20-40 grams faster than a standard round-tubed bike.
- Wide tire ready: Capacity to run tire sizes up to 32mm
- Invisible cable routing: with the use of FSA’s fully adjustable ACR cockpit, all cables are contained completely inside the cockpit, frame and fork making for a clean aero presentation, free of cables.
- Performance specifications: a threaded T47 bottom bracket shell ensuring no squeaks, creaks or rattles, and direct-mount hydraulic brakes, with 12mm thru-axles.
- Fit capable: The QR system allows a fitter to choose stem length, bar width and saddle setback.
- Full color and upgrade options: Customize your bike with up to 24 different paint and graphic combinations, as well as selecting component options to fit your budget.
- Trickle up technology: The SRfive debuts not at a halo pricing, but with a complete range of builds, beginning with a cost-conscious Shimano 105 build.
The SRfive is available in 11 base colors including Black/Stealth, Matte Green, Electric Blue, Rosso Corsa, Neutron, Cool Mint, White, Jet, Matte Red, Matte Blue and Matte Violet. Four component kit options include Shimano 105, Ultegra mechanical, Ultegra Di2 and Dura-Ace Di2. Six wheelset options include Shimano RS370, DT Swiss E1800 Disc, HED Vanquish RC4 Performance, HED Vanquish RC6 Performance, ENVE SES 7.8 with ENVE Hubs and Zipp 404 NSW. There is a component option to fit every budget.
Customers can build their SRfive online with QR’s Bike Builder functionality. As options are selected – color, graphics, components, wheels and accessories – the SRfive image is automatically updated and customers see what they are building, option-by-option, in real-time. The final bike image goes into the customer’s online shopping cart along with the purchase details. Once the purchase is made, the customer can download the finished image and print it out. The customized bike will arrive on the customer’s doorstep in approximately 14 days.
The SRfive, like all QR bikes, is athlete-friendly when it comes to shipping, assembly and mechanical fixes. When shipped, the bike comes 90% assembled and takes just a few minutes to assemble. All a rider needs is a basic knowledge of bike mechanics and two sizes of Allen wrenches. At the bottom of the SRfive webpage, there is a shipping and FAQ guide.
The SRfive is painted and assembled at ABG’s 48,000 sq. ft. facility in Chattanooga, Tenn. The fully customizable SRfive starts at $3,099. Detailed information on the engineering and development of the SRfive, can be found in the SRfive Data Download. Customers can also chat with our team live online to learn more.
About American Bicycle Group/Quintana Roo
Based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, American Bicycle Group (ABG) manufactures three brands of high-performance bikes – Quintana Roo (QR) triathlon bikes; Ocoee carbon all-road, gravel and mountain bikes; and Litespeed (LS) titanium road, gravel and mountain bikes – as well as the HYDRO series of wetsuits and swimskins under the QR brand. In 2017, ABG invested in an expanded manufacturing facility with a paint and assembly line for its bikes, allowing athletes to custom build a bike. Demand was high and the line was expanded in 2018. In 2019, LS was invited to the White House for the 3rd annual “Made in America” Showcase, representing the state of Tennessee as an American-made product. More information: quintanarootri.com/, ocoeebikes.com/ and litespeed.com.