NordicTrack powered by iFit Partners with GearJunkie for the 2021 Adventure Grant Contest
December 15, 2020
Win a grand prize of $7,500 cash and NordicTrack exercise equipment to train for and take on a dream outdoor adventure
(Logan, Utah—December 15, 2020) —NordicTrack powered by iFit and GearJunkie announce the third annual Adventure Grant, a partnership that provides the cash and tools to train for and take on an outdoor dream adventure. The grand prize winner will win $7,500 cash, NordicTrack fitness equipment of their choice—a value up to $5,000—and a 1-year iFit subscription (a value of $468).
The 2021 Adventure Grant contest is now open through February 8, 2021.
NordicTrack equipment—treadmills, cycles, rowers and more—is powered by iFit, the interactive connected fitness platform. iFit shoots its Global Workouts to provide virtual outdoor experiences, making it possible to hike, bike, row and run in more than 50 countries around the globe, all from their homes.
Training on NordicTrack equipment provides a smooth transition to outdoor adventures because iFit’s technology automatically adjusts the incline, decline, speed and resistance of fitness equipment to match the natural topography throughout the iFit Global Workouts. For GearJunkie readers and outdoor enthusiasts who have had their adventures delayed or canceled, iFit workouts alleviate the nagging sense of wanderlust that many are experiencing.
Participants enter by visiting the GearJunkie and NordicTrack x iFitAdventure Grant website and submitting a photo that answers the question: “In one photo, show us the creative ways you’ve been training for your next adventure.” Four finalists will be selected by the GearJunkie team on February 15, 2021, and the grand prize winner will be voted for by the social media audiences of GearJunkie, NordicTrack and iFit.
- Contest open: 12/14/2020–2/8/2021
- Voting: 2/15/2021–2/22/2021
- Winners announced: week of 2/22/2021
Grand prize (1):
- $7,500 cash
- NordicTrack equipment of their choice (value up to $5,000)
- 1-year iFit subscription (valued at $468)
Runners up (3):
- NordicTrack equipment of their choice
- 1-year iFit subscription
iFit membership winners (100):
- 1-year iFit app membership, which can be used with or without fitness equipment
NordicTrack powered by iFit home fitness equipment:
Winners can look forward to choosing from a wide range of NordicTrack equipment including:
- NordicTrack X22i Incline Treadmill, which boasts a 40% incline and -10% decline—perfect for training to summit Machu Picchu or ambitious mountain trail runs.
- NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle, the only stationary cycle that has an incline of 20% and decline of -6%. This unique feature provides a realistic training opportunity for outdoor cyclists, including iFit cycling programs in the Swiss Alps and Moab.
- NordicTrack RW900 Rower, ideal for full-body conditioning—an important component of training for outdoor adventures. The rower has 26 resistance levels, as well as manual resistance, providing a truly customizable workout experience. iFit offers beautiful outdoor series, including rowing on the Zambezi River and the River Thames, amongst many others.
- NordicTrack’s VAULT (now available for pre-order), a mirrored strength training studio, combines world-class personal training with cutting-edge design and ultimate convenience in an all-in-one unit that includes 210 pounds of premium dumbbells, 50 pounds of kettlebells, and other fitness accessories — ideal for building strength and agility for all outdoor adventures.
- NordicTrack Fusion CST, ideal for strength training and perfect for all outdoor adventurers—especially climbers. Using silence magnetic resistance, iFit Trainer-led workouts guide exercisers through cross training, HIIT, boot camp, pure strength training, and more.
The 2019 Gear Junkie Adventure winner, Sara Aranda, set her sights on a 100-mile traverse across the Wind River range from north to south, with 29,000 feet of elevation gain and 65 percent off-trail navigation. With the financial help of the NordicTrack x iFit sponsored Gear Junkie Adventure Grant, Aranda achieved her goal of setting a Fastest Known Time (FKT).
Last year’s winner, Michelle Douglas, set a goal to run all the connecting trails in Cinque Terre, beginning in Levanto and ending in Riomaggiore. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, her adventure plans were delayed, but she still hopes to complete this run as soon as it’s safe.
About NordicTrack and iFit
iFit, the patented connected fitness technology that powers NordicTrack equipment, pioneered interactive, connected fitness and was issued its first of many patents in 1999. Founded with the belief that the majority of consumers would benefit from an interactive, personal training experience at home, iFit’s trainer-led, streaming workouts are now trusted by millions of consumers around the globe.
iFit offers workout options for every fitness level and interest. Try everything, from bodyweight training and yoga to connected fitness workouts on NordicTrack home equipment. Patented interactive technology allows iFit Trainers to create highly personalized workouts for iFit members and automatically adjust the user’s incline, speed and resistance instantly to create the perfect workout for every fitness level. iFit interactive workouts are available on NordicTrack treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, rowers, strength machines and the iFit app.
ICON Health & Fitness is a global health and fitness leader and owner of iFit, NordicTrack, ProForm, Freemotion and other fitness brands. Based in Logan, Utah, the 43-year old company has a multi-decade heritage of innovation, quality and profitability. ICON and iFit currently hold more than 330 technology patents, with 80 pending, and its products are present in 116 countries. iFit workouts are streamed in English, Spanish, French and Mandarin Chinese, with more languages planned for 2021.