NordicTrack from iFIT Showcases Shift to Home Gyms with Smart Fitness Room Installations at NAHB International Builders Show 2022
February 8, 2022
As demand for designated home gym spaces rises, the leading interactive connected fitness brand to showcase in specialty rooms of the future
LOGAN, UT and ORLANDO, FL (February 8, 2022)—iFIT, a global leader in connected fitness software, content and equipment, today announced its NordicTrack from iFIt brand will showcase the shift to home gyms with smart fitness room installations as the official smart fitness room sponsor of the NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) 2022 scheduled for February 8-10 in Orlando.
The annual Builders’ Show, which brings together tens of thousands of the top professionals in the residential construction industry, showcases the latest forward-thinking and most in-demand products and services. This exclusive partnership will illustrate one of the year’s fastest-growing trends in new builds and remodels of the future alike: the increased demand for designated home gym spaces.
The way we live — and exercise — has evolved. According to NAHB’s recent ‘What Home Buyers Really Want’ survey, home gyms are now the second most popular “specialty room” requested, just behind home offices — with nearly half (47%) of the recent and prospective homebuyers surveyed rating an exercise room as “essential” or “desirable”.
As this newer hybrid way of life becomes the norm, it comes as no surprise that consumers will continue to envision the home upgrades needed to work and live most efficiently — with home gyms at the top of their list. In a recent study from Coefficient Capital called The New Consumer, 69% of consumers surveyed plan to keep 75% of their fitness routines at home over the next year, while 41% of consumers plan to continue working out entirely from home. Home gyms are now more clearly than ever the long-term solution to consumer’s changing fitness habits.
The 2022 Builders’ Show explores this theme through two reimagined homes — The New American Home (TNAH) and The New American Remodel (TNAR). Both homes were designed specifically for the show and will exhibit designated home exercise spaces, energy-efficient building concepts and innovative new products. Attendees will have the opportunity to experience an immersive at-home gym model, outfitted with leading NordicTrack and ProForm equipment, powered by iFIT technology that brings live and on-demand studio classes and global workouts right into the home.
“It’s an incredible honor for iFIT’s interactive connected fitness to be selected and featured as the smart fitness room sponsor at the International Builders’ Show this year,” said Scott Waterson, Founder and CEO of iFIT. “Interest in dedicated home gyms has been on a steady upward trajectory, and homes now serve non-traditional roles — like gym, office and school — that go beyond a functional place of dwelling. The rising popularity of a fully hybrid lifestyle — including how we exercise — is fundamentally changing the way we live. This partnership with NAHB further establishes iFIT’s commitment to being the leading interactive connected fitness brand, helping consumers reach their goals wherever they work out.”
iFIT’s interactive specialty exercise rooms were designed to include a full range of connected fitness equipment for cardio, strength and flexibility/yoga/recovery in a compact footprint of about 300 square feet.
- NordicTrack Commercial X32i Incline Treadmill: The NordicTrack X32i Incline Treadmill, powered by iFIT technology, offers interactive and engaging walks and runs of famous places, allowing users to explore the world from the comfort of their own home. On-demand workouts feature auto-adjust technology that allows iFIT trainers to automatically adjust the speed and incline in real time. Studio sessions, global workouts and cross-training options bring fresh, exciting challenges to workouts on these high-quality treadmills.
- NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle: Join a world-class fitness community and cycle to success on the NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle — a powerful exercise bike that allows users to experience the difference of in-home personal training. This luxury indoor exercise bike offers thousands of live and on-demand workouts led by elite trainers through the iFIT platform, and boasts a sharp but compact style and smooth ride. Users can easily track distance, speed and power output on the immersive 22-inch touchscreen display, all while following along with their favorite iFit trainers who can digitally adjust the incline, decline and resistance for a versatile workout experience. Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) and an inertia-enhanced flywheel deliver a smooth, quiet ride for a focused session, whether your workout takes you from Japan to Germany, or anywhere in between.
- NordicTrack FS14i Freestrider Elliptical: The NordicTrack FS14i Freestrider is a top-of-the-line treadmill alternative ideal for those looking for a low-impact form of exercise. Capture the power of three different stride profiles in one compact machine—stepper, elliptical and treadmill—while traveling the world through a growing library of on-demand global and studio workouts via the interactive iFIT platform. Energized workouts, with Automatic Trainer Control, harness a unique blend of muscle, stamina and cardio development where world-class trainers can auto-adjust the strider’s incline, decline and resistance in real time. Engineered with a 14-inch smart HD touchscreen and 26 levels of Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR), users will discover invigorating challenges without giving up quiet convenience.
- NordicTrack Vault Fitness Mirror: The NordicTrack Vault is a premier home gym and fitness mirror that intimately pairs iFIT interactive training with innovative reflective technology and opens to a storage system for workout equipment. You can stream iFIT workouts such as strength training, cross training, HIIT, yoga and mindfulness sessions, all led by iFIT trainers on a stunning 32-inch Smart HD Touchscreen that provides immediate visual feedback. Sleek, elegant and compact, Vault has been designed to blend into your home and turn any room into a complete home gym. Working out has never been so convenient or inspiring.
- NordicTrack Select-A-Weight 55-pound Dumbbell Set: Enjoy a full gym weight set in one compact system. The NordicTrack Select-A-Weight 55-pound adjustable dumbbell set allows users to replace an entire weight rack with one, space-efficient set. An unparalleled home gym experience, these dumbbells intimately pair with the iFIT platform for energetic studio strength training to weight training in beautiful locations around the world. The easy-to-use, smooth weight selection system enables quick weight adjustment, from 10 to 55 pounds, so users can stay focused on their workout. Perfect for lifters with space restrictions, these adjustable dumbbells also come with fitted storage trays that securely store dumbbells when not in use and feature clearly-marked weight values for an informed workout.
- Nordictrack RW900 Rower: With the immersive iFIT platform, users can experience incredible rowing studio sessions or row all over the globe in breathtaking locales. World-class iFIT trainers automatically adjust the NordicTrack RW900 rower’s digital resistance for a high-energy, challenging workout. Then, hop off the rower for a myriad of strength training workouts or mindfulness sessions from iFIT. Between the ergonomic seat, soft touch ergonomic handle, 22-inch touchscreen and oversized pedals with quick-adjusting straps, users have all the comfort features needed for a high-powered fitness experience at home.
- Nordictrack Utility Bench: Follow iFIT strength training workouts with this NordicTrack Utility Bench. The adjustable angle provides flat, incline, decline and military positions to suit different weight exercises, and the high-density foam backrest provides sturdy comfortable support. This NordicTrack Utility Bench has an ergonomic design for comfort and safety, and the included exercise chart helps in creating new routines.
The NAHB International Builders’ Show® 2022 will take place in person at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, from February 8-10, 2022 where it will again co-locate with the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) for Design & Construction Week (DCW). The two shows are expected to host more than 1,000 exhibiting brands spanning over 800,000 net square feet of exhibition space, for the largest annual gathering of the residential design and construction industry.
NAHB – Liz Thompson
Director of Media Relations
iFIT® is a global fitness and well-being subscription technology company that provides unmatched fitness experiences and solutions to its growing community of over 6 million members in over 120 countries. iFIT’s industry-leading brands – NordicTrack®, ProForm®, Sweat®, Freemotion®, Weider® and 29029® – are powered by the iFIT integrated health and fitness platform, which seamlessly connects the company’s proprietary software, experiential content and interactive hardware. Based in Logan, Utah, with offices in Paris, Shanghai, Sydney and Leeds, the company offers immersive, adaptive, personalized workout experiences for every fitness level and interest. iFIT delivers these patented interactive experiences through an extensive offering of live and on-demand content across the industry’s broadest range of connected fitness modalities. iFIT is a pioneer and leader in the health and fitness industry with more than 400 issued and pending patents.