Life Time Announces 2023 Grand Prix presented by Mazda Series Details; Applications Accepted Beginning Dec. 1
November 17, 2022
Following a successful inaugural year, Life Time furthers commitment to grow cycling fandom in U.S. with second season and $250,000 purse
CHANHASSEN, Minn., (Nov. 17, 2022) /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ –Following the successful finale of the 2022 Grand Prix race series at Big Sugar Gravel presented by Mazda in Bentonville, Ark., Life Time (NYSE: LTH), the nation’s premier healthy lifestyle brand and event producer, announces details for the 2023 Life Time Grand Prix presented by Mazda.
For 2023, the series will expand to seven races – the last being a ‘Wild Card’ event that will be announced January 11. With this change, athletes will have the option to drop up to two events versus just one last year. Additionally, field sizes will expand to 35 female and 35 male riders, and entry fees will be covered by Life Time. Additionally, doping controls will also be expanded to include more races and athletes. A total prize purse of $250,000 will be allocated to the top 10 female and male riders upon the conclusion of the Series.
“Over the last year, we’ve seen phenomenal progress in accomplishing our objectives to bring more fans to the sport of cycling domestically and advance positive change in the landscape of professional and recreational cycling in the U.S.,” said Kimo Seymour, President of Events and Media at Life Time. “Building on last year’s solid momentum and the extremely positive sentiment we heard from athletes and brand partners, we’re very excited to host this season’s group of athletes representing diverse backgrounds. We can’t wait to see how the 2023 season will play out.”
- Athletes may apply between December 1–7.
- Life Time will announce the selected 35 women and 35 men on December 15, 2022.
- A seventh ‘Wild Card’ event will be added for 2023, allowing participants to drop up to two events.
- Athletes may ride all seven events and take the points from their best five performances.
- A total prize purse of $250,000 will be distributed to the top ten scoring female and male participants as follows:
2023 Life Time Grand Prix presented by Mazda Event Lineup:
- April 22: 100K cross country mountain bike race in the Fuego XL at the Life Time Sea Otter Classic presented by Continental in Monterey, Calif.
- June 3: 200-mile Garmin UNBOUND Gravel presented by Craft Sportswear in Emporia, Kan.
- July 8: 69-mile Life Time Crusher in the Tushar presented by The Creamery in Beaver, Utah
- August 12: 104-mile Stages Cycling Leadville Trail 100 MTB in Leadville, Colo.
- September 16: 40-mile Life Time Chequamegon MTB presented by Trek in Cable, Wis.
- October 21: 100-mile Life Time Big Sugar Gravel presented by Mazda in Bentonville, Ark.
- Wild Card’ event to be announced January 11, 2022
- In 2022, Life Time brought anti-doping procedures to three of its Grand Prix events. This will expand to more events in 2023, with more athletes being tested including riders in the elite fields who are not part of the 70 Grand Prix riders.
2022 Life Time Grand Prix presented by Mazda Results:
- Canadian XC mountain biker and Olympian, Haley Smith, 29, of Uxbridge, Ont. took first in the women’s category with 138 points.
- Three-time National XC Mountain Biking Championship winner, Keegan Swenson, 28, of Heber City, Utah secured first in the men’s category with 149 points.
- Each athlete took home $25,000.
To view the 2022 leaderboard with final standings and learn more about the Life Time Grand Prix presented by Mazda, visit lifetimegrandprix.com and follow along on social media. To learn more about Life Time, visit lifetime.life.
About the Life Time Grand Prix Presented by Mazda
The Life Time Grand Prix presented by Mazda is owned and produced by Life Time, the premier healthy lifestyle brand. It is among more than 30 premier athletic events owned by the company including the Verizon New York City Triathlon, Chicago Triathlon and Life Time Miami Marathon. To view all athletic events, visit: lifetime.life/athletic-events.
About Life Time®
Life Time (NYSE: LTH) empowers people to live healthy, happy lives through its portfolio of nearly 160 athletic country clubs across the United States and Canada. The company’s healthy way of life communities and ecosystem address all aspects of healthy living, healthy aging, and healthy entertainment for people 90 days to 90+ years old. Supported by a team of more than 30,000 dedicated professionals, Life Time is committed to providing the best programs and experiences through its clubs, iconic athletic events, and comprehensive digital platform.
# # #