Ignik Introduces State-of-the-Art Line of Active Heating Products
October 20, 2020
Heated Sleep Systems offer safe & sustainable heat outdoors
Seattle, WA – October 20, 2020 – Ignik, a Seattle-based brand committed to improving the sustainability of outdoor heating products, proudly introduces a new line designed to elevate cold weather activities to a new level of comfort. Featuring their patent-pending Radiant Carbon Strand (RCS) active heating elements, the new Heated Sleep System line offers safe, adjustable, rechargeable warmth when you need it most.
Launching Fall 2020, the Heated Sleep System line will include six initial products that work with existing gear inside a tent, RV, and beyond to provide maximum cold weather comfort. Ignik’s RCS technology, which features highly conductive stranded carbon fiber woven into the fabric, provides sustainable active heat that works with any 5V or 12V power source. An integrated soft-touch silicon button lets the user control the duration and intensity of the heat, easily switching between High, Medium, and Low settings. With configurations to fit a variety of needs, these products are durable, waterproof, and machine washable, and the entire line is made from bluesign®-approved, 100% recycled polyester.
“RCS technology is going to change the game for recreating in cold weather, from winter campouts to mountaineering excursions to skiing or hunting basecamps,” says Peter Pontano, Ignik’s Director of Marketing and Product Development. “These ultra-thin filaments are sewn directly into the fabric to create heated gear that is waterproof, safe, and extremely efficient. In addition, we’re sourcing durable, eco-friendly recycled fabrics so users can feel good about what’s going into their gear.”
- Heated Seat Cover
- Use with camp chairs or bleachers. Includes 1 RCS HeatZone. Ideal for camping, tailgating, and hunt/fish. MSRP: $59.99
- Heated Pad Cover (Short)
- Attaches to sleeping pads. Includes 2 RCS HeatZones. Ideal for lightweight sleep systems, backpacking, and outdoor chairs. MSRP: $79.99
- Heated Pad Cover (Full)
- Attaches to sleeping pads. Includes 2 RCS HeatZones. Ideal for 4-season sleep systems, hammock camping, and van life. MSRP: $89.99
- Heated Sleeping Bag Liner
- Makes any sleep system a 4-season sleep system. Includes 2 RCS HeatZones. Ideal for hammocks, stand-alone warm weather use, and extra foot/core warmth anytime. MSRP: $99.99
- Heated Blanket
- Quilted outdoor blanket with active heat. Includes 2 RCS HeatZones. Ideal for RV and trailer camping, van life, and rooftop tents. MSRP: $129.99
- Heated Bed Cover
- Includes 6 RCS HeatZones. Perfect for adding tent floor heat or for use in vehicle-based sleep systems, including RV, rooftop tent, and van life. MSRP: $239.99
Ignik’s new Heated Sleep System line will be available at various retailers, including REI and Backcountry, as well as ignik.com. To learn more, contact Suzanne Hermann at email@example.com.
Our journey started on a family sailboat in the Arctic, where we saw the impact of climate change and human jetsam on the landscapes we love. We decided to “be the change” by creating products that actually work—and work for the planet. Today Ignik makes high quality, environmentally thoughtful heating products for the wilderness. We enable more folks to get outside earlier and remain outside longer. Ignik is a proud member of 1% for the Planet.
Photo caption: Initial products in the Heated Sleep System line include (pictured above L to R)