They’re Here! The Brand New COROS APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro
November 3, 2022
With its much-anticipated release, COROS brings to market the second generation of its award-winning APEX franchise.
Irvine, CA, November 3, 2022 /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – COROS Wearables Inc., makers of endurance sports wearables and training software, announced today the release of the COROS APEX 2 and the COROS APEX 2 Pro. Designed for performance over all types of terrain, the APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro GPS Outdoor Watches are built with revolutionary technologies for the most ambitious goals.
Exciting features of APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro include:
- 24/7 heart-rate monitoring with next generation optical Heart Rate sensor
- Equipped with Dual-Frequency GPS Chipset for best-in-industry accuracy (APEX 2 Pro Only)
- Communicates with all 5 major global satellite systems simultaneously
- Even longer battery life than their predecessors.
- Global offline maps including landscape, topography, and hybrid views
- 2x more scratch resistant titanium bezel
- The unparalleled COROS Training Hub, Coaching and Training System
“We know that this is the most anticipated product launch in the history of COROS, but we are confident that it was worth the wait.” said Lewis Wu, CEO of COROS Wearables, Inc. “Our development team worked diligently to find the best hardware and corresponding design to offer our users the greatest possible accuracy in these new watches.”
A key upgrade to the APEX 2 series is its brand-new optical heart rate sensor, featuring an 8-LED system in a customized layout, protected by a smooth, scratch-resistant cover. With advanced signal noise removal algorithms, APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro deliver a new level of heart rate accuracy for activity, everyday wear, and sleep tracking.
Additional APEX 2 features and specs include:
- 1.2-inch sapphire glass screen with touch screen capabilities
- 45 hours – full GPS battery life
- 17 days – daily use battery
- 8GB of internal storage including onboard music and mapping
With even greater capabilities, APEX 2 Pro offers:
- 1.3-inch sapphire glass screen with touch screen capabilities
- 75 hours – full GPS battery life
- 30 days – daily use battery
- 32GB of internal storage including onboard music and mapping
Coming soon, the COROS App will add a new route-planning feature to its robust navigational ecosystem. Once available, the user will simply open their app, draw their preferred route, and the Route Planner will offer the optimal path based on the closest trails or streets available. The COROS ecosystem is also compatible with popular 3rd party route builders, such as Strava and Komoot.
The COROS APEX 2 and APEX 2 Pro are available to order now on coros.com and through select running specialty retailers and international distribution partners. Customers can get a first look at the new styles, and purchase on site at the NYC Marathon Expo opening today at the Javits Convention Center at 10am. The APEX 2 has a suggested retail price of $399 USD, and the APEX 2 Pro has a suggested retail price of $499 USD.
ABOUT COROS WEARABLES COROS is a performance sports technology company that helps athletes train to be their best. For COROS it’s all about the outdoors, mountains, and a passionate active lifestyle. We combine high grade hardware with innovative technology to provide endurance athletes with the gear they rely on in the world’s most extreme environments. Advanced technology with an efficient and intuitive user experience is at our core – when you use a COROS product, you know you are getting a tool that has been designed, tested, and perfected for the athlete, by the athlete. COROS users have set World Records and been to the highest point on earth, pushing our products to the extremes. At COROS, creation, and innovation are never ending. Our customers, the athletes make COROS – be a part of our community @COROSGlobal on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.