Spartan Games 2.0 Premieres March 24; Hardest Extreme Fitness Competition on Reality TV Heads to Big Bear Lake
March 3, 2022
Five-episode series includes challenges with Air Force Special Warfare unit
BOSTON, Mass. (March 3, 2022) /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – A grueling schedule. Tactical challenges. The element of surprise. It all unfolds in the second season of Spartan Games — the most extreme fitness competition on reality television — premiering at 8 p.m. on March 24, 2022, on Outside TV, SpartanTV, and Spartan YouTube.
Developed by Spartan, the world’s leading endurance sports and extreme wellness brand, and presented by U.S. Air Force Special Warfare, Spartan Games 2.0 pits 16 of the fittest athletes on earth against each other across a diverse list of athletic disciplines — from obstacle course racing to swimming to functional fitness and more.
This season takes place at Big Bear Lake, California, with the five episodes released weekly at 8 p.m. (EST) on Thursdays. The athletes will be vying for a share of $50,000 and the title of Spartan Games Champion.
New this year are two special challenges created in partnership with the United States Air Force, with airmen leading mission briefings and offering guidance on challenges outside the realm of typical Spartan competitions.
“Spartan is all about pushing people to get out of their comfort zones, and Spartan Games 2.0 kicks that up a notch for some of the fittest athletes on the planet,” said Joe De Sena, founder and CEO of Spartan. “This year’s new challenges tested our competitors mentally and physically. They’ve never had to do anything like this — it will change the way we think of ‘warriors.’”
Season Two athletes range from defending Spartan Games winners and reigning Spartan world champions, Ryan Atkins and Lindsay Webster, to a Boston-area chiropractor and a woman who has overcome multiple health issues to become a fitness coach for others with physical challenges.
In the men’s field:
- Ryan Atkins returns after winning Spartan Games Season One. Also the reigning Spartan World Champion, Atkins is married to Spartan superstar Lindsay Webster.
- Christian Harris is a competitive CrossFit athlete, gym owner and entrepreneur.
- Veejay Jones is the youngest Spartan race winner and current U.S. National Series champion.
- Ryan Kent has 40 career Spartan victories and 64 career podiums, ranking him third and fourth all-time, respectively, in those categories.
- Layne Mayerstein is a U.S. Airforce Master Sergeant and an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Operator assigned to the 330th Special Warfare Recruiting Squadron in Colorado Springs, Colo. He is responsible for the protection of personnel and property through nine different mission areas.
- Hunter McIntyre is one of the most recognizable racers and functional fitness competitors in the world. He is the 2021 Hyrox World Champion, set the Murph world record (34:13) in CrossFit, and has six top-seven Spartan World Championship finishes.
- Mack Roesch is an American Ninja Warrior finalist and an NBC Spartan Ultimate Team Challenge champion.
- Tim Simansky is a chiropractor in the Boston area and a four-time Tactical Games Champion.
In the women’s field:
- Corinna Coffin is a former triathlete and regular DEKA and CrossFit competitor winning the Spartan Stadion Series in 2019.
- Terra Jackson is a former NCAA Division I cross-country and track athlete. She is a three-time Spartan DEKA Champion with more than 20 Spartan podium finishes.
- Arielle Miller is an obstacle course racer, rock climber, functional fitness athlete, and a 1st Lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force. She placed first at the 2019 Air Force Female for Alpha Warrior Challenge.
- Meg Reardon is a three-time CrossFit Games individual qualifier. In 2019, she won the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge Sanctional Event.
- Kris Rugloski is the current Spartan DEKA Mile record holder and has 40 Spartan podium finishes.
- Ariana Scalfo has overcome Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hypermobility type), Celiac disease and chronic pain to become a fitness coach specializing in individuals with eating disorders, chronic disease and chronic pain.
- Lindsay Webster is a three-time Spartan World Champion and won Spartan Games Season One. She is married to fellow Spartan superstar Ryan Atkins.
- Lauren Weeks is the current and two-time Hyrox World Champion and placed fourth at the Tough Mudder X World Championship in 2018.
Season One of Spartan Games garnered more than 1.4 million episode views and more than 3 million total content views across all social media platforms.
For more information visit https://www.spartan.com/pages/spartan-games.
Spartan is a global experiential sport and wellness brand with a 10 million+ strong community. We create transformational experiences, products, and content to help people, companies and teams tear down boundaries and expand what they believe to be possible. Spartan combines large scale global events with a vibrant digital content and community platform. With 250 events across more than 40 countries on six continents, Spartan is the world’s leading extreme wellness and endurance brand. Visit spartan.com for more information and registration.
Amy Moritz, 716-863-2357, email@example.com