PeopleForBikes Announces Agenda and Speakers for 2022 Bicycle Leadership Conference
February 15, 2022
BOULDER, COLO (Feb. 15, 2022)/ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – PeopleForBikes, the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association, is proud to announce the agenda and list of speakers for their upcoming Bicycle Leadership Conference (BLC), taking place March 21-23, 2022 at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort and Spa in Dana Point, California.
PeopleForBikes organizes the Bicycle Leadership Conference to bring together the brightest leaders in the industry to collaborate, learn and drive their collective vision of transforming America into the best bicycling nation in the world.
Designed by bike industry leaders for bike industry leaders, BLC — Dana Point stands as the premier event to gather, network and grow bicycling and your business. This year’s conference includes a spectacular lineup of speakers from top bike industry brands, as well as leaders from the outdoor, tech and venture capital industries, tackling the biggest opportunities and challenges facing bicycling today.
Join your industry peers for inspiring keynotes, educational sessions, networking and, of course, spectacular bike rides followed by cold, refreshing drinks at the stunning Southern California destination. Come early, stay late, BLC — Dana Point is a must-attend event. Register today at bicycleleadershipconference.org.
Attendees should plan to arrive the morning of Monday, March 21 and depart the morning of Thursday, March 24.
2022 BLC — Dana Point Agenda:
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
KEYNOTE: How He Built Simplehuman — A Conversation With Founder Frank Yang, Hosted by Guy Raz of NPR’s “How I Built This” and “TED Radio Hour”
Guy Raz, creator and host of one of NPR’s most popular programs — “How I Built This” — interviews simplehuman’s founder and CEO Frank Yang to share leadership lessons, insights on his problem-solving passion, his drive for constant innovation and how his love of bikes serves as a personal and professional inspiration.
Introduced by Mike Radenbaugh, CEO, Rad Power Bikes
How the Pandemic Changed Bicycling
- John Burke, President, Trek Bicycle
Change Agents: Rapid Industry Growth, Consolidation and Outside Investment
Consolidation and change is happening at an accelerated pace at all levels of the bike industry. Hear from some of the biggest agents of change in the last two years and their vision for the future.
Introduced by Allison Straub, President, Burley Design
- Joe Graney, CEO, Santa Cruz Bicycles; COO, Pon Bike North America
- Robin Thurston, Chairman and CEO, Outside Inc.
- Nathan Pund, Managing Director, Houlihan Lokey
Welcoming Diverse Participation: The Changing Face of Ridership
Riders and advocates from diverse backgrounds share their personal journeys and insights on how to grow and sustain diversity in cycling.
Introduced by Milay Galvez, Director of Marketing, BikeCo
- Eliot Jackson, Chairman, Grow Cycling
- Rahsaan Bahati, Founder, Bahati Foundation
- Quinn Brett, Wilderness, Outdoor Recreation and Accessibility Analyst, National Park Service
- Vincent Salabye, Regional Coordinator, Silver Stallion
Say Hello to Your New Customers
Learn more about the new riders who entered the market during the pandemic. Hear first-hand perspectives from endemic and non-endemic consumer research experts on how to reach these customers and keep them riding.
Introduced by Ian Christie, CEO, Summit Bicycles
- Jennifer Boldry, Applied Innovation Leader, NAXION
- Liz Stahura, Co-Founder, BDSA
- Kelly Davis, Director of Research, Outdoor Industry Association
- Dragana Pajovic, Director of Global Sales Strategy, SRAM
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
KEYNOTE: Creative Companies and Courageous Leaders — Turning Culture Into Competitive Advantage With Best-Selling Author Polly LaBarre
Founding member of Fast Company and co-author of the award-winning book “Mavericks at Work: Why the Most Original Minds in Business Win,” Polly LaBarre is a top speaker who leaves audiences with actionable lessons from organizations and leaders who are transforming their cultures and industries by breaking the rules and harnessing the human element.
Introduced by Andrew Kempe, Senior Manager OEM Sales, Shimano
Global Supply: Can It Be Fixed?
With rising pressures from capacity, labor, energy, shipping, raw materials and tariffs, what does the future of manufacturing look like for both small and large companies?
Introduced by Bob Margevicius, Executive Vice President, Specialized Bicycle Products
- Mike O’Gara, Senior Vice President, Huffy Corporation
- Jeff Scully, Founder and President, Ortlieb USA
- Jean-Marc Sorhondo, Head of North America Ocean Operations, Flexport
The Great Resignation Meets the Hybrid Future of Work (Current State)
How are organizations making changes in order to attract diverse talent, retain current employees and inspire and foster inclusiveness during the Big Quit? This session will dive into the future of remote and hybrid working — its effectiveness, its limitations and how to optimize this new norm moving forward.
- Dele Downs Kooley, Senior Human Resources Program Manager, Diversity and Inclusion Global Talent Acquisitions Excellence, Microsoft
- Geetesh Goyal, Chairman and CEO, Human Bees
- Ben Coates, Managing Director, POC North America
Brands Leading the Conversation on Sustainability and Inclusion
Learn from industry heavyweights on spearheading initiatives on climate action and social justice and how you can implement these learnings at your business.
Introduced by JJ Trout, Chief of Staff, PeopleForBikes
- Matt Dwyer, Vice President of Product Impact and Innovation, Patagonia
- Susan Viscon, Senior Vice President of Corporate Investment and Development, REI
- Dan Kihanya, Director of Corporate Development and Investment, REI
Regulations and Risk: Is That Bike an Electric Bicycle?
Product innovation continues to outpace current regulations for electric bicycles. As product developers create new e-bike concepts, companies need to pay closer attention to the legal standards that govern electric bicycles in the United States.
Introduced by Larry Pizzi, Chief Commercial Officer, Alta Bikes
- Erika Z. Jones, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Erik Pritchard, CEO and President, Motorcycle Industry Council and Powersports Industry and Safety Associations
Reserve your spot and register for BLC — Dana Point today at bicycleleadershipconference.org.