Organizations Raise More than $30 Million on RunSignup | GiveSignup’s Challenge Platform
November 11, 2020
RunSignup | GiveSignup released a new Virtual Challenge platform in Spring, 2020 to provide nonprofits and race directors with an interactive way to engage supporters from a distance. In November, the platform reached an impressive milestone, with 1,800+ virtual challenges raising more than $30 Million and registering more than 410,000 participants since May, 2020.
Virtual challenges have evolved into the best way for organizations to connect with supporters for longer and raise more. In an interview with Social Endurance, Paul Purdy of American Cancer Society said, “The virtual events that I see really hitting the mark have a longer term engagement – challenges. It gives a longer time frame for engagement as well as more time to fundraise.”
RunSignup | GiveSignup continues to innovate with new features to provide a fun, collective experience throughout challenges, and drive revenue, donations, and fundraising. Most recently, they added new types of Milestones, providing participants with more digital rewards for reaching accomplishments. These new Milestone types allow an organizer to automatically congratulate a participant for participating in an activity for a set number of days or for consecutive days of activity, offering motivation for the participant to keep going. Other recent activations that have been added to the platform include:
- Flexible individual and team milestones that offer intermediate goals throughout the challenge and can be awarded on many parameters, including fixed activity completed, repeating distance completed, percent of goal completed, total number of activities, total time, or the new days of activity, consecutive days of activity.
- Custom badges that feature your organization’s designs (and GIFs!) and are awarded when participants achieve milestones, keeping them engaged throughout the challenge.
- Milestone notifications that give organizations even more ways to connect their causes to their challenges and provide education about their mission through custom messaging on Milestone Unlocked Pages and milestone email notifications.
- Trophy cases for individuals and teams that display all badges earned throughout the challenge, with easy social share options.
- Robust team challenge results that display multiple team competitions (like Teams of 2 and Teams of 4), total tallies with individual member breakdowns, and real-time maps that show the team’s overall progress.
- Integrated donations and fundraising when participants register for a challenge, making it easy for them to sign up, donate, fundraise, create a connected Facebook Fundraiser, and log activity all on the same platform – no need to download apps and create multiple logins.
- Results that feature fundraising goals with a Donate call to action that lets nonprofits focus events on fundraising, encouraging fundraisers to hit their goals, and creating competition around who can raise the most.
- Photo albums that enable participants to easily upload photos, screenshots of activity trackers, and other images throughout the challenge.
- Milestone Reports provide real-time data on participants’ progress so that organizers can ship prizes and medals in batches based on completion.
- RaceJoy for Challenges that takes your engagement experience to the next level with automatic activity logging, GPS tracking, cheer sending, and custom audio.
RunSignup | GiveSignup continues to release new features to the free virtual challenge platform that help drive revenue and engagement. As real events begin to slowly return, many organizations will pair an in-person, hybrid, or virtual event with a challenge as a way to extend engagement and generate more revenue. To stay updated with the latest updates and create your own virtual challenge for free, visit https://runsignup.com/challengeplatform or https://www.givesignup.org/challengehub.