Nominations Open for 2021 USA Triathlon Coach of the Year Awards Presented by Zone3
December 6, 2021
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — USA Triathlon is now requesting nominations for its 2021 USA Triathlon Coach of the Year awards presented by Zone3.
Nominations are open to the public, and all nominees must be a current USA Triathlon Certified Coaches. Individuals may nominate coaches in eight prestigious award categories and must be based on their accomplishments from January 2021 through December 2021. Nominations are due Friday, Dec. 31 at 11:59 P.M. (MST) using the online form at this link.
USA Triathlon Coach of the Year winners will be determined by a selection panel of coaching and sport education professionals, including the USA Triathlon National Coaching Committee and USA Triathlon education and high performance staff. Winners are selected based on their honors/recognition, performance of the athletes they coach as well as service to the sport, athlete testimony and coaching character.
The following award categories will be awarded by USA Triathlon:
- Olympic Coach of the Year: Nominee must be a certified USA Triathlon Certified Coach of a national-level team, or the coach of an elite triathlete who competes at the highest level of his/her sport.
- Paralympic Coach of the Year: Nominee must be a certified USA Triathlon Certified Coach of a national-level team, or the coach of an elite triathlete who competes at the highest level of his/her sport.
- Developmental Coach of the Year: Nominee must be coaching at the youth club, high school or junior level, or a coach who is directly responsible for training athletes to read the junior and or elite level.
- College Coach of the Year: Nominee must be a USA Triathlon Certified Coach at the NCAA or Collegiate Level.
- Service Provider of the Year: Nominee must be a USA Triathlon Certified Coach, or an NGB/HPMO affiliated service provider, such as strength and conditioning coach, physical therapist, sports psychologist, dietician, or other, that has made an impact in your USAT Triathlon community.
- Coach Educator of the Year: Nominee must be USA Triathlon Certified coach, who has made a significant impact on fellow coaches’ education and continues to be a lifelong learner.
- Volunteer Coach of the Year: Nominee must be a USA Triathlon Certified coach who does not receive payment for the designated volunteer area nominated for. (This individual could receive payment as a full-time coach in another aspect of triathlon). For example: An NCAA coach could be nominated for volunteering in his community with an underserved population in his/her community.
- Community Impact Award: Nominee must be a coach who has demonstrated significant impact in their community and epitomizes the USA Triathlon mission of growing and inspiring the triathlon community.
To nominate a multisport coach for USA Triathlon honors in any category, please click here. Winners of the USA Triathlon Coach of the Year awards will be announced in late January 2021.
To learn more about the 2021 USA Triathlon Coach of the Year presented by Zone3 and view past USA Triathlon Coaches of the Year, click here. In 2020, James Petersen (Pelham, N.H.) was named the Developmental Coach of the Year and Dan Engelhard (St. Louis, Mo.) was awarded the Volunteer Coach of the Year. Stephanie Grasky (Tucson, Ariz.) and Marcus Fitts (Washington, D.C.) earned the Community Impact Award, and Shelly O’Brien (San Antonio, Texas) and Brian Grasky (Tucson, Ariz.) won Coach Educators of the Year honors.
About USA Triathlon
USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon, as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon, paratriathlon, and indoor and virtual multisport events in the United States. Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,000 events and connects with more than 400,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work at the grassroots level with athletes, coaches, and race directors — as well as the USA Triathlon Foundation — USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including World Triathlon Championships, Pan American Games and the Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of World Triathlon and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC).
– usatriathlon.org –