LIV Cycling Grows Commitment to Women in Professional Cycling
January 19, 2021
Liv Racing announces new teams and expanded roster for 2021
NEWBURY PARK, Calif. (Jan. 19, 2021) – Liv Cycling, the company dedicated to getting more women on bikes, today announced the expansion of Liv Racing and their 2021 roster, officially welcoming Linda Indergand (SUI), Sarah Hill (RSA), and Dani Johnson (USA) to the team. This news comes on the heels of the recent announcement of Liv as the exclusive partner of the Liv Racing Women’s WorldTeam (formerly CCC-Liv). With these additions, Liv expands its global support to 25 women riding as part of the Liv Racing program, which is composed of three professional racing teams.
“Liv Racing is an extension of the Liv brand and our overall commitment to women,” said Phoebe Liu, chief branding officer of Giant Group, which includes Liv Cycling, Giant, Momentum and CADEX brands. “In everything we do, we put women first. These women embody our brand purpose of getting more women on bikes while working toward achieving greater parity for women in professional cycling.”
Indergand is a World Cup cross-country and short track rider who has achieved top 10 finishes at World Cup events, finished 8th at the 2016 Rio Olympics, and earned second place in both the 2020 and 2014 National Championships in Switzerland. Hill, a stage race, marathon, cross-country and gravel racer, holds the African leader’s jersey for Cape Epic and has competed at the South African National Championships and UCI Mountain Bike Marathon World Championships. Johnson, who ran track at the University of Colorado Boulder, has competed in dual slalom and pump track events and is ready to translate those skills into her first full enduro season.
“I am incredibly proud to join the Liv team,” said Indergand. “I remember seeing the Liv brand for the first time when I was growing up, it was so inspiring. As I learned more about the brand I realized that Liv shares the same passion I do – together we seek to bring more women into cycling and racing. It’s a dream come true to have Liv’s support as I pursue my goals and show the world what I can do.”
Introduced in 2019, Liv Racing has expanded to now comprise three distinct professional teams of women competing across multiple cycling disciplines from 11 countries around the world. Liv Racing is the only all-women’s sanctioned team and official women’s partner of the Enduro World Series (EWS), and a registered team with both USA Cycling (USAC) and the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).
- The Liv Racing WorldTeam competes in top-level road and cyclocross races, including the UCI Women’s WorldTour. In 2021, Liv became the exclusive title partner of the team. Exciting announcements are coming soon, along with the 2021 team roster.
- Liv Factory Racing is the off-road team that consists of Indergand, Hill, and Liv Racing veteran riders Kaysee Armstrong and Isabella Naughton. These women will compete on the world stage at UCI Mountain Bike World Cup XCO, stage race, and Enduro World Series events.
- Liv Racing Collective includes professional athletes who compete across multiple disciplines around the world, including newcomer Johnson and nine returning riders:
- Crystal Anthony (Bentonville, Arkansas) – Marathon XC, cross country, gravel and cyclocross athlete
- Serena Bishop Gordon (Bend, Oregon) – Marathon XC, gravel and cyclocross athlete
- Dani Johnson (San Diego, California) – Enduro athlete
- Radka Kahlefeldt (Queensland, Australia) – Ironman 70.3 Triathlete and Olympian
- Riley Miller (Burke, Vermont) – Enduro athlete
- Rae Morrison (Nelson, New Zealand) – Enduro athlete
- Leonie Picton (Whistler, BC, Canada) – Enduro athlete
- Allysa Seely (Colorado Springs, Colorado) – Paralympic Triathlete
- Lisa Tertsch (Darmstadt, Germany) – ITU World Cup Triathlete
- Sandra Walter (Coquitlam, BC, Canada) – World Cup XCO athlete
For 2021, all of Liv Racing will continue to be supported by team director Brook Hopper, with team manager Elizabeth Walker and team mechanic Jessica Brousseau dedicated to the success of the Liv Factory Racing team and the Liv Racing Collective.
Learn more about Liv Racing at https://www.Liv-Cycling.com/Liv-Racing.
About Liv Cycling
Liv is the only comprehensive cycling brand in the world dedicated solely to women. Founded in 2008 by Giant Group Chairperson Bonnie Tu as part of the Giant Group, Liv creates innovative bicycles and gear to fit and perform at the highest level. Liv aims to empower all female riders from beginners to pros. With a global team of retailers, athletes and events, plus an increasing digital presence focused on riding skills, bike maintenance, nutrition, travel, and other experiences – Liv strives to grow the community of women in the sport and be the number one resource for women cyclists around the world. Learn more at liv-cycling.com.
Brook Hopper, Liv Cycling
(805) 340-5034 or BrookHopper@liv-cycling.com