Life Time Announces Full Lineup of First-Ever Her Summit on March 19-21
March 10, 2021
Her Summit speakers and sessions aim to cultivate a safe space for women to discover—and rediscover—themselves within the outdoor endurance community
BOULDER, Colo., (March 10, 2021) — On the heels of Life Time’s announcement of Her Summit, its first-ever women’s retreat created to increase comfort, accessibility and knowledge of outdoor sports for women, the company today announced the full lineup of speakers and sessions at the virtual gathering March 19-21, including keynote speakers Allison Hadden (No Time to Waste podcast) and Priscilla Frederick-Loomis (2016 Olympic High Jumper).
Her Summit is open to all female-identifying athletes interested in learning more about a new sport or a new outdoor activity with a focus on cycling, running, and getting comfortable with the uncomfortable. The event is also fitting for endurance and outdoor veterans to hone their skills and gain expert advice from top leaders.
Each day will begin with a fitness session led by a Life Time health expert, including a mindfulness and wellness session from Life Time Mind, a strength session with Andrea Bruski and a yoga and meditation session with Jacalyn Rauch. At the end of each day, participants can engage with one another and unwind during entertainment sessions including wine pairings with Whitney Blue and cocktail making with Cocktail Caravan. A private Facebook group has been set up for registered participants to have the opportunity to ask questions to the presenters ahead of time and build relationships with the rest of the Her Summit community.
The full lineup for the weekend event includes:
- Bend Don’t Break! Body Maintenance in Outdoor Sports:
- General Training Tips from Dr. Brittany Boehnke, Physical Therapist and owner of Mojo Physical Therapy
- Injury Prevention for Cyclists from Dr. Meg Fisher
- Injury Prevention for Runners from Dr. Nicole Haas
- Unpacking Your Fears: The Mental & Physical Stages of Hurt presented by Silke Koester and Maddie Hart, La Sportiva ambassadors and professional trail runners
- Grind It Out, Girl! Gear Maintenance and Ownership 101:
- Bike Ownership 101 for Cyclists presented by Bosch from Arleigh Greenwald
- Gear 101 for Runners from Jay Ell Alexander, CEO of Black Girls Run! and Gina Lucrezi, founder of Trail Sisters
- Gear 101 for Recreationalists presented by Christine Olivia Wetzel from Pine Needle Mountaineering
- Finding The Right Shoe Fit presented by Hoka One One
- Awareness & Security in The Great Outdoors:
- Safety & Activities At Night presented by Petzl ambassadors and professional trail runners Clare Gallagher and Cat Bradley
- First Aid 101 by Amy Knight from La Plata Search and Rescue
- Encountering Wildlife & Human Predators from Gina Lucrezi
- Self Defense in the Outdoors from Nicole Snell of Girls Fight Back
- She is Fierce! Women’s Health and Body Care:
- Hormones & The Female Menstruation Cycle presented by Sarah Keyes, La Sportiva ambassador
- Managing Menopause from ‘Fit Chick’ and the Menopause podcast, Selene Yeager and Kristin Mohn from UNBOUND Gravel, Girls Gone Gravel podcast
- Pregnancy & Postpartum for Outdoorsy Women, a panel discussion with Laura King, Amanda Basham, Stephanie Howe and Katie Grossman
- The Value of Blood Testing presented by Athlete Blood Test
- Personal Hygiene Bags from Lori Guildea and Jessica Guildea from ThePureBag
- Chronic Dieting and Relationships with Food by Maria Dalzot, La Sportiva ambassador
- Fueling For Success:
- General Nutrition and Meal Planning from Anika Christ, Registered Dietician, Life Time Athletics and Megan Flynn from the Life Time Foundation
- How Our Nutritional Needs Differ From Men’s with Alex Borsuk, Sports Nutritionist
- Race Day Fueling: Gender vs. Individual Differences presented by Dr. Allen Lim, Sports Physiologist, Skratch Labs
- Collagen and Performance Supplements presented by Vital Proteins
- EmpowHERing The Outdoors:
- Diversifying the Outdoors and Endurance Space, a panel discussion with Rachel Olzer of Pedal 2 The People, Rahaf Khatib of Run Like A Hijabi, Stephanie Puello, founder and co-lead of Black Girls Do Bike Denver, Sophia Eugene, and moderated by Dani Reyes-Acosta, Storyteller and Strategist.
- Body Acceptance and Confidence with Priscilla Frederick-Loomis, 2016 Olympic High Jumper, Jami Crist, CJ Riggins of Rsport Plus Size Athleticwear, Kristen Smith of Elevated Alpine and Kylee Toth, ambassador for La Sportiva
- Growing Your Brand and Community with Giuliana Clanin from Life Time, Gina Lucrezi, founder of Trail Sisters, Elevated Alpine, Rachel Olzer from Pedal 2 the People and Emily Jackson, Bosch ambassador and World Freestyle Kayak Champion
- Overcoming the (Fear & Anxiety) Voices in Your Head presented by La Sportiva ambassadors Maria Dalzot, trail runner and nutrition therapist and Annie Weinmann, climber and women’s record holder on the First Flatiron
- Protecting Our Public Lands presented by Eugenie Bostrom from REI’s Recreate Responsibly and Lydia Lawhon from the University of Colorado Master’s of the Environment Program
- Getting More Women and Youth Outdoors with Karen Collins from Big Brothers and Big Sisters and Kristin Mohn
- Meet Team Twenty24 with Nicola Cranmer and the Team Twenty24 athletes
- Overcoming & Accepting Life’s Curveballs with Alexis Bean from Big Girl Panties and Michelle Duffy, Life Time Off-Road Events Associate Marketing Director
- Self Defense in the Outdoors with Nicole Snell of Girls Fight Back
- Tackling New HERdles:
- How To Plan For Your First Bikepacking Trip from travel journalist and founder of The Gear Caster, Amy Jurries
- Getting into Climbing with Paige Claassen, La Sportiva ambassador
- Backcountry Skiing with Elevated Alpine
- Backpacking Adventures with Heather “Anish” Anderson, National Geographic’s 2019 Adventurer of the Year
Registration is now open for the Her Summit virtual weekend and is priced at $45, which includes access to all sessions, more than 30 in total, and product giveaways. The weekend will kick off at 3 p.m. MST on Friday, March 19 with the final session on Sunday, March 21 at 6:15 p.m. MST. All content will be archived and able to be viewed by registered participants following the weekend. To learn more and to register, visit: www.hersummit.net
Her Summit is one example of the steps Life Time is taking in its commitment to providing access and education to all individuals, while leading the charge for inclusiveness and gender parity within the broader events industry. Life Time has pledged to impact change by utilizing its 30+ premier events as a platform and continues to take deliberate steps to lower barriers of entry by providing greater access to start lines for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, gender-focused, economically disenfranchised and para individuals. To learn more about Life Time Events, visit lifetime.life/athletic-events.
About Life Time, Inc.
As a wellness pioneer, Life Time is reshaping the way consumers approach their health by integrating where we play, work and live – all with the primary objective of helping people lead healthy, happy lives. With more than 150 destinations in 41 major markets across the U.S. and Canada, Life Time operates luxury athletic resorts, owns and produces iconic athletic events and is expanding its brand through Life Time Work premium coworking spaces and Life Time Living high-end leased residences. For more information visit lifetime.life.
# # #