It’s Time to Mash It Up: Humana Rock ‘N’ Roll Virtual Running Club Mixes It Up This April
April 2, 2021
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC to offer a mix of accessible distances for runners and walkers, infused with all kinds of Funky new weekend Remixes to keep it fresh - April 22 marks a milestone as Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC will celebrate its first birthday and a successful first year of virtual racing - Three month-long novelty challenges announced: Sunrise or Sunset Runner 40, Humana Rock 'n' Roll VRC PR Series returns and Record Year (April edition) - Featured Rock ‘n’ Roller Donna Moore of Airdrie, Alberta, Canada, shares Lessons from a Three-Year Running Streak that kept up her Rock ‘n’ Roll VR racing
TAMPA, Fla. (April 2, 2021) –The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll® Virtual Running Club™ (VRC™) is hitting the virtual pavement this April with the Mashup theme, and who doesn’t love a good mashup to jam out to on their runs? Throughout April, participants will be able to mash-it-up with one week of classic distances and some non-traditional lengths the next. Beginning Friday, April 2 at 5 a.m. ET through Sunday, April 4 at 11:59 p.m. ET, Rock ‘n’ Roll VR13 will kick off the month with a 5K, 10K and Remix options. In addition, on April 22, Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC will celebrate its first birthday and a successful inaugural year of virtual racing. More details around the celebration will be unveiled in the coming weeks. Registration for April 2021 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC events are currently open and available for FREE to the entire global community at runrocknrollvr.com.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR13– 5K, 10K and Remix – April 2 – April 4
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR14 – 7K, 12K and Remix– April 9-11
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR15 – 6K, 15K and Remix – April 16-18
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR16 – Half Marathon – April 23-25
What Else is Happening in April:
- Sunrise Runner 40 & Sunset Runner 40 Challenges: Whether you are a sunrise runner or a sunset runner, this 40-mile month-long challenge is for you. Look for more information to come mid-way through the month here.
- Record Year Update: The Record Year is a community-based challenge through the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC that allows participants to contribute mileage towards a tracking log each month, inspiring individuals to see how far they’ve gone over the entire year of 2021. Since the beginning of January, nearly 10,000 participants have taken on the challenge, together logging over 668,000 miles in the first three months of 2021. Learn more about the Record Year challenge by visiting here.
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC PR Series: In April, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC will continue its popular PR Series that will be available through the end of the year. That means participants can race any classic distance with the flexibility of their schedule. Check out the new Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC PR Series as it rolls out throughout the month of April here.
- Happy Birthday Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC!: On April 22, Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC will celebrate its first birthday and a successful first year of virtual racing. To mark this momentous occasion, the platform will host a special challenge and earn a limited-edition digital badge (plus points toward rewards!). Look for more details to come here.
- Virtual Events: Ever wanted to run San Francisco? From April 9 to April 11 the 2021 Rock ‘n’ Roll VR San Francisco will be available to the entire race community. Check out this virtual offering and take on the 5K, Half Marathon or Remix Challenge by visiting here.
Featured Rock ‘n’ Roller
Donna Moore, Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Almost exactly three years ago, Donna Moore kicked off a running streak that’s still going today: “As of yesterday, I’m 1,080 days in a row running,” the 58-year-old retired 911 operator told us over the phone in mid-February. As to what’s keeping her going, Moore’s answer is simple: “You’re not going to let that go! It doesn’t matter how far you go, it’s like a craving for chocolate—you can’t miss a day.” Back in March 2018, Moore said she noticed that she’d run four days in a row. “Four turned into five, which turned into two weeks, and suddenly I ended up at 30. It wasn’t anything I sat up and decided to do.” Moore, who lives in a small city outside of Calgary, Canada started running 18 years ago as a form of stress relief from her job as a 911 operator. “We had a charity 5K at work, and I did it without any training. I thought I was going to die by the end!”, she recalls. Moore adds that she enjoyed the run part of it, however. “When you run, you release so many endorphins. I felt so relaxed.” Now, running is something she says she looks forward to every day. Moore says she’s also become something of a “race junkie” over the past few years, adding that her husband has to put a race entry budget on her. Otherwise, she’d do four or five races every weekend. When her target race, Rock ’n’ Roll Las Vegas was canceled last year, she found out about the Virtual Running Club and thought it sounded like a good way to stay motivated and score some sweet prizes. Read on for more of what this run-streaking Canadian loves about the club and has learned through logging so many miles in The Beat.
More Than Marathons:
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is now the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series. The rebrand not only includes a new name but a whole new visual identity that integrates throughout the entire participant ecosystem, including series logo, event logos, video content, and onsite event signage. In addition, a brand-new website improves the overall participant experience through updated navigation and content making it easier to select race locations, distances, and course features that fit what they are looking for in an event.
In addition, runners and walkers alike will also notice new branding across the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club platform. The compelling and colorful new branding embraces the personality of the Series and the vibrance of its participants. The new-look reflects the enjoyment that can be found in training and racing, with a goal of helping to inspire even more participants hit the virtual pavement as they prepare for the year’s events. Learn more about the Roll ‘n’ Roll Running Series new look by visiting www.RunRocknRoll.com.
To register for a Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club Challenge, runners or walkers only need to sign up through the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC platform and connect to their tracker app. Runners can then complete their registration by going to the “Events” tab and clicking “Register Now” for free on the virtual race page.
Full details and specifics regarding the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club and Challenges are available on www.runrocknrollvr.com. For more information on the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series, please visit the website at www.runrocknroll.com. Media related inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club
The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll® Virtual Running Club™ (VRC™) is a web-based platform allowing runners from around the world to engage, connect, earn rewards, and compete in Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ (VR™) Series events with a distance for everyone. Since its launch in April of 2020, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC continues to see thousands of runners and walkers engage on the platform and find their virtual start line each week, bringing the global running community together. Additional details about the Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC platform can be found at www.runrocknrollvr.com.
About Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series
The Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series is the world’s largest running series taking part in destination locations around the world every year. Established in 1998, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series simple idea of making running fun has transformed both the U.S. and global running landscape by infusing the course with live bands, cheer teams and entertaining water stations, creating a block-party atmosphere for participants and spectators alike. Focused on running, music and community, race weekend kicks off with a free Health & Fitness Expo showcasing the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health and nutritional information and much more. Events culminate with an entertaining finish-line festival featuring some of the biggest names in music, with past performances including Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, O.A.R. Aloe Blacc, Pitbull, Flo Rida, The Band Perry, Fitz and the Tantrums, the Goo Goo Dolls and Bret Michaels. Further information about the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series can be found online at www.RunRocknRoll.com and follow @RunRocknRoll on all social platforms.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com.