IRONMAN Virtual Club Continues in June with New Virtual Racing Schedule and A Series of New Month-Long Challenges
June 11, 2021
- IRONMAN VC offers two VR races, The Weekender and seven month-long challenges in the month of June to inspire athlete’s everyday fitness goals - IRONMAN VR All-Terrain VR Series revisiting the 2019 Athletes’ Choice Awards for the greatest hits of IRONMAN throughout the month - IRONMAN VR23 to coincide with the LIVE race broadcast of IRONMAN Coeur d’Alene available on Facebook Watch via the IRONMAN Now page
TAMPA, Fla. (June 11, 2021) – With half the year already through the finish line, the IRONMAN® Virtual Club™(VC™) rolls into June with an exciting new set of virtual offerings. So far, the IRONMAN VR All-Terrain Series has celebrated the Flat and Fast races, spotlighted the best Coastal courses, and been inspired by the best Urban destinations on the IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 race circuit. This month IRONMAN VC will focus on two IRONMAN VR races while offering new challenges to inspire athletes everyday fitness goals while revisiting the 2019 Athletes’ Choice Awards for a “greatest-hits” approach to its virtual race schedule.
This month’s Line Up:
Starting this week, the IRONMAN Virtual Club will offer two VR races aimed at highlighting some athlete’s favorite events across the globe and offering VR racing that will coincided with the live event broadcast of the 2021 IRONMAN Coeur d’Alene on June 21.
- June 10-13 | VR22 (Sprint Distance) – Featured race: Nutri-Grain IRONMAN New Zealand
A race with a proud and rich history deeply rooted in the town of Taupō, IRONMAN New Zealand will be featured race for the first VR of the month. The race itself, which shows up on our awards list year after year, showcases the best of the country’s natural. For more information visit here.
- June 17-20 | The Weekender
Take a break from VR racing. Instead take on the new Weekender, a 40km ride challenge with no upper limit. Athletes are encouraged to make it a part of their training route and get out there. For more information visit here.
- June 21-27 | VR23 (Half Distance) – Featured race: IRONMAN Coeur d’Alene
Coeur d’Alene has long been an athlete favorite host venue dating back for nearly two decades. Taking place in a quaint Pacific Northwestern town of the United States, the race brings athletes back to its shores again and again for some of the most popular racing on the IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 circuits. Participants in IRONMAN VR23 will have the added benefit of this half-distance VR offering coinciding with the LIVE race broadcast of IRONMAN Coeur d’Alene on June 27. For more information visit here.
In addition, this month’s line up will bring a new series of month-long change to inspire athlete’s everyday fitness goals, while maintaining to the Athletes’ Choice theme. See below for a full listing of this month’s challenges:
- 650,000 km Athlete Community Challenge: Sign up for this collective community challenge to have all your kilometers contribute to this monthlong, community goal. For more information visit here.
- Athlete’s Choice 150 km: Swim, bike, and/or run 150 km total this month. For more information visit here.
- Athlete’s Choice 350 km: Swim, bike, and/or run 350 km total this month. For more information visit here. Athlete’s Choice 500 km: Swim, bike, and/or run 500 km total this month. For more information visit here.
- Training Day (1.93 km+ of swimming, biking, and/or running): Swim, bike or run a minimum of 1.93 km. For more information visit here.
- Athlete’s Choice – Swim: Swim the length of three full-distance swims (7.2 miles) over the course of the month. Choose the how / when / where of your swims, on your schedule. For more information visit here.
- Athlete’s Choice – Bike: Bike the length of three full-distance bike rides (336 miles) over the course of the month. Choose the how / when / where of your rides, on your schedule. For more information visit here.
- Athlete’s Choice – Run: – Bike the length of three full-distance bike rides (336 miles) over the course of the month. Choose the how / when / where of your runs, on your schedule. For more information visit here.
Athletes will also be able to commemorate their participation and celebrate their accomplishments during June. The IRONMAN Virtual Club offers athletes tangible rewards and collectible merchandise for athletes to show off their accomplishments. Limited edition IRONMAN VR All-Terrain Series finisher bundles including terrain specific themed finisher medals will be available throughout the series at www.ironmanstore.com/ironman-vr.
IRONMAN VR All-Terrain Series – Athlete’s Choice
The IRONMAN VR All-Terrain Series consist of six months of training-length challenges and virtual races that will take athletes on a tour of the best IRONMAN locales. In June, the IRONMAN VR All-Terrain Series be revisiting the 2019 Athletes’ Choice Awards for a greatest-hits approach to our virtual race schedule. Each month will focus on a different terrain – expect to virtually visit race destinations in different regions within each terrain. Offering three weekday workouts plus one weekend VR race, the IRONMAN VR All-Terrain Series will also consist of multiple month-long challenges. These month-long challenges allow athletes to chase a certain number of kilometers for the month in whatever sport they like and on their own time. For more information of the IRONMAN VR All-Terrain Series visit here.
IRONMAN+: One Stop Hub for All Things
For the most up-to-date information, articles and videos right at available athletes can visit IRONMAN+ on the IRONMAN Virtual Club. Exclusive featured content including training and coaching tips from IRONMAN U Certified coaches, nutrition recipes to kick your body into gear, breaking IRONMAN news, features on your fellow athletes and more is available on IRONMAN+. For more information visit here.
About IRONMAN Virtual Club
The IRONMAN® Virtual Club™ (VC™) brings the global IRONMAN® community together virtually week-after-week. Launching in April of 2020, the platform gives athletes from around the world access to IRONMAN U Certified Coach curated workouts, training resources, and challenges that prepare athletes to compete in the IRONMAN Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series. Athletes have the opportunity to train, compete, earn, and be rewarded as they set their goals towards a successful year of racing. In addition, through the Race Honorably campaign, IRONMAN’s goal is to provide an exceptional virtual racing experience with credible results that requires athletes to do their part by entering accurate data. Additional details about the IRONMAN VC platform can be found at www.ironmanvirtualclub.com/.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com.