Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club Launches New Mobile App, Offering More Convenient Access To Platform
May 11, 2021
- New Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC Mobile App provides additional features including compatibility with Apple Health, new activities such as yoga, meditation, steps, and more! - Turn it Up this May; Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC offering shorter, snappier race distances and Remix Challenges to help infuse some speed into runner’s Spring - New United Airlines Tailwind Challenge gives runners a way to support their favorite small business with an exciting two-week challenge
TAMPA, Fla. (May 11, 2021) – The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll® Virtual Running Club™ (VRC™) and its partners at SportHeroes have launched a new mobile app providing convenient access to all the features available on the platform. The mobile app, which is now compatible with Apple Health, offers Rock ‘n’ Rollers new features and connectivity to bring the running community together. The Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC app is currently available for download via the iOS and Android App Stores.
In addition to Apple Health compatibility, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC app will offer a variety of new compatible activities to track, including: Steps, Meditation, Yoga and new challenges. The new group ranking feature for Run Clubs is enabled which includes a conversation feature within each club allowing users to message the group and motivate their fellow Rock ‘n’ Roller’s via a shared message stream. Finally, new social media share options will allow participants to celebrate their achievements and post their Rock ‘n’ Roll VR finisher badge and results on their favorite social media channels. Learn more about the new Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC App by visiting here.
Turn It Up This May
Throughout the month of May, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC is cranking up the volume with the Turn It Up theme, offering shorter, snappier race distances and Remix Challenges to help infuse some speed into participant’s Spring. From three to seven miles and everything in between, participants will have a chance to dial in their pace and put some pep in their step before turning to longer distances over the summer.
In addition, Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC is introducing several new challenges, including the United Airlines Tailwind Challenge aimed at celebrating and supporting the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series host communities and include The Vegas Runner, the first virtual challenge of a Series inspired by Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series Las Vegas. Rock ‘n’ Roll VR19-VR21 will from Fridays at 5 a.m. ET through Sundays at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR19 – 5 Mile, 6 Mile and Remix– May 14-16
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR20 – 6 Mile, 4 Mile and Remix – May 21-23
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR21 – 7 Miles, 5K and Remix – May 28-30
Registration for May 2021 Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC events are currently open and available for FREE to the entire global community on the new Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC mobile app and at runrocknrollvr.com.
- United Airlines Tailwind Challenge: Go Local, Stay United by running or walking three 5Ks over the two-week challenge period. In addition, participants can nominate their favorite local business that powers them through training and racing.United Airlines and Rock ‘n’ Roll will select a nominated ecommerce shop and provide a robust partnership marketing campaign. This will help the small business reach a new audience and grow their awareness, with a little “tailwind,” courtesy of United Airlines. Learn more about the United Airlines Tailwind Challenge by visiting here.
- SiS Flavor of the Week Challenges: Participants can add some flavor to their long run with Science in Sport (SiS) over the months of May and June on the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC. Complete all six SiS Flavor of the Week challenges over the 12-week period and participants can be entered into a drawing to win a year’s supply of fuel from Science in Sport. *Limited to U.S. participants only. Learn more about the SiS Flavor of the Week challenge by visiting here.
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC PR Series: In May, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC will continue its popular PR Series that will be available through the end of the year. That means participants can race any classic distance (1-mile, 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon)with the flexibility of their schedule. Check out the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC PR Series as it rolls out throughout the month of May here.
- Record Year Update: The Record Year is acommunity-based challenge through the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC thatallows participants to contribute mileage towards a tracking log each month, inspiring individuals to see how far they’ve gone over the entire year of 2021.Learn more about the Record Year challenge by visiting here.
Rock Rollin’ – So Far in 2021
Since the beginning of the year, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC has grown to reach over 66,000 members across 145 nations and all U.S. States on the platform. With over 90,000 runners and walkers competing in at least one Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll event this year since of the beginning of the year, the innovative platform continues to bring the running community together virtually week after week offering runners and walkers the opportunity to stay active and connected with the running community by participating in virtual Rock ‘n’ Roll events across the country.
- Beginning in January, The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC began unveiling fun, inspiring, and motivating monthly community and novelty challenges to engage and connect Rock ‘n’ Rollers throughout the year. Through the Record Year challenges, runners and walker have contributed mileage towards a tracking log each month, inspiring individuals to see how far they’ve gone over the entire year of 2021. Since the beginning of January, nearly 12,000 participants have taken on the challenge, together logging over 837,000 miles.
- In February, more than 5,000 participants took on the Don’t Stop Me Now 28 and Don’t Stop Me Now 56 month-long challenges which provided participants an opportunity to continue move forward towards their personal finish lines with a 28-mile and 56-mile month-long challenges.
- In March, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC introduced the PR Series allowing participants to race any classic distance with the flexibility of their schedule and have seen over 12,000 runners and walker take on the 1-mile, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon distance to date.
- In April, over 4,500 participants took on the Sunrise Runner 40 and Sunset Runner 40, 40-mile multi-week challenges.
- From May 3-9, over 5,900 runners and walkers participated in the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC’s celebration of Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool week. During the events traditional springtime race week a series of Beatles-inspired challenges such as the Run Together Community Challenge (1 mile or more), Here Comes the Run (5K), and Run-olution 9 (week-long 9K) gave participants a chance to experience on of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series best international events.
Look for more community inspired and novelty challenges on the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC throughout the remainder of 2021by visiting here.
To register for a Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club Challenge, runners or walkers only need to sign up through the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC platform and connect to their tracker app. Runners can then complete their registration by going to the “Events” tab and clicking “Register Now” for free on the virtual race page.
Full details and specifics regarding the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club and Challenges are available on www.runrocknrollvr.com. For more information on the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series, please visit the website at www.runrocknroll.com. Media related inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club
The Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll® Virtual Running Club™ (VRC™) is a web-based platform allowing runners from around the world to engage, connect, earn rewards, and compete in Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ (VR™) Series events with a distance for everyone. Since its launch in April of 2020, the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC continues to see thousands of runners and walkers engage on the platform and find their virtual start line each week, bringing the global running community together. Additional details about the Rock ‘n’ Roll VRC platform can be found at www.runrocknrollvr.com.
About Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series
The Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series is the world’s largest running series taking part in destination locations around the world every year. Established in 1998, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series simple idea of making running fun has transformed both the U.S. and global running landscape by infusing the course with live bands, cheer teams and entertaining water stations, creating a block-party atmosphere for participants and spectators alike. Focused on running, music and community, race weekend kicks off with a free Health & Fitness Expo showcasing the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health and nutritional information and much more. Events culminate with an entertaining finish-line festival featuring some of the biggest names in music, with past performances including Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, O.A.R. Aloe Blacc, Pitbull, Flo Rida, The Band Perry, Fitz and the Tantrums, the Goo Goo Dolls and Bret Michaels. Further information about the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series can be found online at www.RunRocknRoll.com and follow @RunRocknRoll on all social platforms.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN®70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com.