E-Bike Battery Explosion Kills 2 in New York Apartment Blaze
August 5, 2022
A 5-year-old girl and a 36-year-old woman died Wednesday from an apartment fire ignited by an exploding e-bike battery, the New York City Fire Department said.
Another person — the girl’s father — was left in serious condition, and a firefighter was also taken to the hospital, CBS News reported. The e-bike’s battery started the fire right outside the Harlem apartment’s front door, blocking the family of three from escaping, CBS reported. Gear Junkie