Athletes of Elite Runner Management To Race Saturday
July 15, 2020
Last chance to support COVID-19 fundraiser
This Saturday, July 18, eight professional athletes of Elite Runner Management will run a virtual marathon relay to raise donations for victims of the COVID-19 pandemic. “Since most races have been postponed or canceled due to the virus, the marathon relay will give my athletes an opportunity to do what they do best, run hard and compete,” said Chris Mengel, the owner of the Michigan-based sports agency. “As importantly, we have partnered with one of the oldest charities in Detroit, the Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries (DRMM) to help those families who have lost their jobs, homes, and even loved ones to this horrific disease.”
Mengel thanked those who have contributed already, and said there is still time to join the tremendous cause by making a donation here. “Together, we can provide not only hope but a small amount of financial assistance to those families who are in desperate need during these challenging times,” he said.
The eight athletes who will be competing in the virtual marathon relay are:
- Patrick Rizzo – 4X Olympic Trials qualifier and 2:13 marathoner.
- Weldon Kirui – 2X Los Angeles Marathon champion and 2:09 marathoner.
- Carlos Trujillo – Olympic marathoner at 2016 Games in Rio and 2X World Marathoner.
- Zach Hine – first American and top 10 finisher in the Boston Marathon.
- Nicole DiMercurio – Dallas Half champion and top 10 finisher in the Boston Marathon.
- Tim Young – 2:14 marathoner and 6th place finisher in the Pan American Games marathon.
- Iveen Chepkemoi – 6th in the 1500m at World Youth Championships and 31:57 10k racer.
- Rachel Walny – program record holder at Bowling Green and 1:14 in pro half-marathon debut.
For info on Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries and its mission: https://drmm.org
For questions or athlete interviews, contact Chris Mengel at Elite Runner Management: [email protected] or call at 313-492-5861