Americas toughest team ready for one water race
February 4, 2022
- race for the benefit of our world waters
One of the world’s most respected adventure racing teams, Bend Racing, is now ready for One Water Race, the world’s toughest endurance race, 23-25 August 2022. Team No 3, USA, is a professional team with an impressive experience and team composition. The team has been part of the world endurance elite for decades and now takes the competition and One Water Race to a dramatic level.
The first official One Water Race, August 23-25, 2022, a new concept that strives to establish the world’s toughest endurance race. The racers will face one of humanity’s toughest challenges, over land and sea, 250 km. A new era in endurance racing and climate activation – all for the benefit of our world waters and the award of $100,000 in prize money.
– We are overwhelmed by the reception One Water Race has received in the world of endurance racing. A top level team like Bend Racing takes the race, the competition and the attention for our world water to the right new level. We now have the basis for an impressive starting field and a competition that is hard to beat., says Thomas Ogander.
One Water Race is a concept created to be the ultimate proof of human capacity, through a unique combination of adventure racing, orienteering, swimrun, ultramarathon and the distance and combination of running, swimming and navigation. One Water Race is a professional race and created for the best endurance racers in the world. A level required to meet the extreme challenge, 250 kilometers from Arholma in the north to Landsort in the south, a distance of 6 marathons running and swimming. Nonstop.
One Water Race is adapted for a maximum of 10 teams, each team consists of 3 racers and a team captain, with both sexes needing to be represented and be out on the course the entire time. One Water Race wants to reward the racers for the extreme effort required with one of the highest prize money in endurance racing, $ 100,000.
The admissions process is tough and it is of the utmost importance to ensure that participating teams have the required capacity. The draft continues and Thomas Ogander can present the third team in One Water Race 2022 – Team No 3, USA and Bend Racing. A professional team with a highly respected status and impressive merits from Eco Challenge, Patagonian Expedition Race, Adventure Racing World Championship, Expedition Alaska and many more. A well-established team with experience that few can match.
Team No 3, USA
- Jason Magness, 46, Bend, Oregon, USA
- Andrew Magness, 46, Bend, Oregon, USA
- Annie Hewlett Molsberry, 38, Washington, USA
- Brent Molsberry, 42, Washington, USA
– This is a team that truly shares our values and the importance of spreading the word about our climate and world waters. The team composition is impressive and I am really looking forward to seeing them in One Water Race, to experience this routine up close and not least to how they handle the Stockholm archipelago., says Thomas Ogander.
– We know this will be a brutal event, but for us we’ll be able to heavily draw on our decades of top level expedition racing tackling some of the toughest events on the planet. The dream of combining swimming with and expedition/adventure race style event has long been in the back of our minds as race directors – but we recognize that the location of the Stockholm Archipelago is beyond ideal for this type of test of human capacity. And the environmental message is on point. We know this will be a tough event to survive, but we know our experience and drive will see us not only completing the event but also competing for the win. As a top team in the USA made up of recognizable athletes in the adventure sports world, we also will prioritize the spreading of the One Water message and goals, says Jason Magness.
Merits Team No 3, USA
- Adventure Racing World Series (ranked 7th)
- 2011 Patagonian Expedition Race (2nd place)
- 2012 Patagonian Expedition Race (3rd place)
- 2013 Patagonian Expedition Race (3rd place)
- 2014 Adventure Racing World Championship (10th place)
- 2018 GodZone Race, New Zeeland (8th place)
- 2018 Expedition Alaska (2nd place)
- 2018 Patagonian Expedition Race (1st place)
- 2019 Eco Challenge Fiji, (top American team)
- 2019 GodZone Race, New Zeeland (3rd place/top international team)
- 2021 Expedition Canada (1st place)
- 2021 WA360, Ultra Paddling (1st place)
- Multiple expedition adventure races and decades of self-styled adventures and expeditions.
- 2014 Xterra Age Group National Champion
- 2018 GodZone Race, New Zeeland (8th place)
Annie Hewlett Molsberry
- Quest Race Team (multiple podium finishes at 20-40 hours adventure races)
- 2017 Adventure Racing World Championship Expedition (6 days non stop)
- 2018 US Adventure Racing National Championship
- 2013 US Adventure Racing National Championship (7th place)
- 2017 Adventure Racing World Championship
- 2018 US Adventure Racing National Championship (4th place)
- 2019 US Adventure Racing National Championship (1st place)
One Water Race: August 23-25, 2022
Teams: Max 10 mixed three-man teams, consisting of women and men, from all over the world.
Distance: 250 km, of which 200 km running and 50 km swimming.
Location: Stockholm archipelago, Sweden
Prize money: USD 100,000
One Water Race
For further information, high-resolution images and interview requests, please contact:
Heléne Airijoki, press contact SpoilConcept, email: email@example.com or +46 73 385 03 19.
Thomas Ogander, One Water Race, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 70 749 00 85.
ONE WATER RACE AB consists of professionals with deep roots in international sports rights, TV and media production and digital technology. The purpose of One Water Race is to take endurance racing and climate activation to a whole new level through media and technological development that reaches a broad target group. Locally, globally and digitally. One Water Race is part of the One Water platform, a platform for organizations, innovations and projects, which aims to accelerate change. http://onewaterrace.com