American Criterium Cup event number nine: IU Health Momentum Indy: Mass Ave Criterium presented by First Internet Bank.
August 24, 2022
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – On Saturday, August 27th, as part of IU Health Momentum Indy, the Mass Ave Crit presented by First Internet Bank, returns to Indianapolis. Founded in 2007, the Mass Ave Crit is one of the Midwest’s longest-running urban bike races. The high-energy urban race features first-rate American cycling in Indy’s vibrant cultural districts. Covering a .64 mi/ 1.02 km, three corner course, the nation’s top pro women’s and men’s cycling teams again toe the line to see who’s the best and who takes the lead in the American Criterium Cup series.
The live stream starts at 5:40 pm/EST on OutsideTV.com.
• Professional Women’s racing coverage at 5:55 pm/EST
• Professional Men’s racing coverage at 7:20 pm/EST
The Mass Ave Criterium, presented by First Internet Bank, will see the return of women’s race leader Maggie Coles-Lyster of DNA Pro Cycling, who has been competing at the Commonwealth Games, as well as the scheduled return of the early leader in the men’s races, Alfredo Rodriquez of Best Buddies Racing, who has been out with injury. Both lost ground in the series during their absences and look for efforts to regain points, especially as Maggie is close to an upset in the sprint competition by Andrea Cyr of ButcherBox Cycling p/b LOOK.
Brandon Feehery of Project Echelon Racing has nearly packed away the red leader’s jersey after Littleton. Won through calculated efforts in earning points throughout the series, Brandon has extended his lead. He’ll be tough to catch with only two races left. The race now seems to be for the other podium steps, and Clever Martinez of the Miami Blazers will make sure that if Alfredo returns, the second step will not change so easily.
With the series ending, and so few points separating our top riders, both races will be exciting to watch.
Follow along with the excitement on our live stream, only on OutsideTV.
Full standing at our website.
- FEEHERY, Brandon: Project Echelon Racing 498
- MARTINEZ, Clever: Blazers: 373
- RODRIGUEZ, Alfredo: Best Buddies Racing 296
- GIBBONS, Thomas: AUTOMATIC|ABUS 281
- CRANE, Ethan: Project Echelon Racing: 243
Men’s P/1 sprint
- FEEHERY, Brandon: Project Echelon Racing 150
- CRANE, Ethan: Project Echelon Racing: 65
- HERNANDEZ, Michael: Best Buddies Racing 55
- GIBBONS, Thomas: AUTOMATIC | ABUS 50
- TRAVIESO, Frank: Blazers 45
- COLES-LYSTER, Maggie: DNA Pro Cycling Team 611
- CYR, Andrea: ButcherBox Cycling p/b LOOK 547
- CHRISTIAN, Anna *: Colavita Factor Pro Cycling 394
- GOKEY-SMITH, Christina: Colavita Factor Pro Cycling 369
- MUNOZ, Paola: CWA Racing p/b Goldman Sachs ETFs 264
Women’s P/1/2 sprint
- COLES-LYSTER, Maggie: DNA Pro Cycling Team 160
- CYR, Andrea: ButcherBox Cycling p/b LOOK 150
- GOKEY-SMITH, Christina: Colavita Factor Pro Cycling 75
- VALADEZ, Mariana: LA Sweat 55
- CHRISTIAN, Anna: Colavita Factor Pro Cycling 50
ABOUT AMERICAN CRITERIUM CUP
The American Criterium Cup is a ten race criterium series that elevates the stature of criterium racing in the United States. The series is led by a group of independent criterium race organizers collaborating with and supported by USA Cycling, with input from professional and domestic teams and athletes. Each event has pledged to execute each event with standards of excellence, high production quality, and safety. Organizers of the series have placed $100,000 in escrow with USA Cycling for a series purse to be split equally among men and women.
Learn more at americancritcup.com
For more information, contact ACC administrator Peter Discoe at email@example.com