80/20 Endurance Adds Triathlon Plans to Its Team 80/20 Subscription on Final Surge

December 20, 2023

Midway, UTAH – Dec 20, 2023/ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – 80/20 Endurance, the world’s largest provider of online endurance training plans, today announced the addition of triathlon plans to its portfolio of training plans available on the Final Surge fitness app. Athletes who subscribe to Team 80/20 on Final Surge will have access to sixteen different triathlon plans covering a range of race distances and fitness levels, plus a full suite of triathlon-specific strength plans. Running plans and running-specific strength plans were previously available on Final Surge.

All 80/20 Endurance training plans are based on the popular 80/20 training philosophy described in the bestselling books 80/20 Running by Matt Fitzgerald, and 80/20 Triathlon by Matt Fitzgerald and David Warden, who cofounded 80/20 Endurance in 2016. In each plan, approximately 80 percent of training is prescribed at low intensity (or Zone 2) and the remaining 20 percent at moderate to high intensity, matching the intensity balanced practiced by elite athletes and scientifically proven to maximize fitness in athletes at all levels.

Jim Vance, VP of Business Development, Head of Coach Education, helped with the company’s service expansion on Final Surge. “The addition of triathlon and triathlon-specific strength plans to our offerings on Final Surge enables us to serve more athletes with more options,” he said. “What’s unique about the 80/20 methodology is that it applies to all endurance disciplines, not just one. Our mission is to make this cutting-edge training system available to everyone.”

In addition to training plans, athletes who subscribe to Team 80/20 on Final Surge will enjoy access to the 80/20 Endurance structured workout library, comprising a diverse range of run and strength workouts. This extensive resource equips athletes to craft personalized training plans or make necessary adjustments, tailored to their individual requirements.

80/20 Endurance training plans and workouts are also available on the TrainingPeaks platform, which remains the preferred partner of 80/20 Endurance for plans and subscriptions.

To find our more about Team 80/20 on Final Surge click here: https://www.finalsurge.com/club/team8020