2021 DONNA Marathon Champions Announced
February 26, 2021
Virtual runners across the country joined together to finish breast cancer
JACKSONVILLE, FLA. (Feb. 2021) – The 14th DONNA Marathon concluded Sunday, February 14 with thousands of runners from all 50 states, 627 cities and nine countries participating virtually.
For this year’s race, which went virtual with the theme of “Everywhere, Together,” runners completed their own course and submitted times for review. This year’s winners included two repeat victories for 2020 champions, noted with asterisks below:
- Ultra 110 Marathon: Chris Twiggs, 21:50:24, Fernandina Beach, Fla.
- Men’s Marathon: Todd Whittemore, 3:17:11, Singapore
- Women’s Marathon: Jodi Moore, 3:31:00, Minot, N.D.
- Men’s Half Marathon: Christopher McCaffrey*, 1:20:25, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Women’s Half Marathon: Meaghan Murray-Neuberger, 1:22:02, Baltimore, Md. (Marathon Champion in 2020)
- Survivor Marathon: Yami Hu*, 3:57:55, Grayslake, Ill.
- Survivor Half Marathon: Katie Rose, 1:42:03, Lexington, S.C.
“Our friends and neighbors came together once again, rolling out the pink carpet everywhere — from the shores of Northeast Florida, all the way to Singapore — for an incredible celebration of survivorship,” said Amanda Napolitano, Executive Director of The DONNA Foundation. “Even with the change to a virtual format, we are grateful to every athlete, survivor and community who came together to remind us all that together we can do incredible things.”
The winners for 2021 DONNA 5K, presented by Equitable Advisors, are as follows:
- Women’s 5K: Jennifer Hansen, 21:42, Stillwater, Minn.
- Men’s 5K: Luke Ellis, 22:05, Jacksonville, Fla. (Equitable employee)
The winners for the 2021 Booby Trap Challenge and Adaptive Sports divisions are as follows:
- Booby Trap Challenge Women’s Marathon: Jennifer Hansen, 4:20:25, Stillwater, Minn.
- Booby Trap Challenge Men’s Marathon: Stephen Pachuta, 5:43:51, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Booby Trap Challenge Women’s Half Marathon: Sara West, 2:22:56, Orlando, Fla.
- Booby Trap Challenge Men’s Half Marathon: Juan Echegaray, 2:33:35, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Adaptive Athlete Division Marathon Champion: Richard Solze, 1:46:12, Lake Butler, Fla.
- Adaptive Athlete Division Half Marathon Champion: Matt Sechrist, 2:00:43, Fleming Island, Fla.
“This year’s DONNA Marathon Week was different than our previous 13 years, but it was still a beautiful celebration of survivorship, hope and the idea that together, we can all achieve more than we ever thought possible,” said Donna Deegan, founder of The DONNA Foundation. “I am grateful to the thousands of participants, neighbors, and sponsors who have partnered with us in the journey to finish breast cancer — because the only way we’ll cross the finish line is together, no matter where we run.”
The 15th Anniversary DONNA Marathon Weekend is tentatively set for February 11-13, 2022. The DONNA Foundation will announce more details about next year’s race plans in the coming months.
The DONNA Foundation was established in June of 2003 by three-time breast cancer survivor and award-winning journalist Donna Deegan to meet the critical financial needs of the underserved living with breast cancer. Our mission is to provide financial assistance and support to individuals living with breast cancer and fund groundbreaking breast cancer research. To date, the DONNA Foundation has served more than 14,000 families, securing more than $550,000 in financial services and debt relief each year. The organization has also disbursed more than $3 million to develop and maintain the Mayo Clinic Translational Genomics Program. The organization also operates events and programs for survivorship, education and awareness. For more information, visit www.TheDONNAFoundation.org.