13 US adventure races named as USARA Regional Championships
March 17, 2022
The U.S. Adventure Racing Association (USARA) is excited to announce its list of 13 races that have been named 2022 USARA Regional Championships.
/ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – The U.S. Adventure Racing Association (USARA) is excited to announce its list of 13 races that have been named 2022 USARA Regional Championships.
The USARA Regional Championships were created to catalyze a more competitive U.S. race scene and to showcase the geographic reach of the sport of adventure racing across the United States. The mixed-division winner of each race will receive a free entry to the 2022 USARA National Championship, taking place September 16-17, 2022, in California’s Sierra Mountains.
“These races represent the best one-day adventure racing experiences you’ll find in the United States,” USARA Executive Director Michael Garrison said. “From the rainforests of Washington state to the woods of Illinois; from the Tetons to the Blue Hills of Georgia to the Shenandoah; from the plains of Kansas to the seacoast of Maine, the 2022 USARA Regional Championships will feature high-level competition in some spectacular locations.”
The 2022 USARA Regional Championships are:
- Hard Fall 24-Hour Adventure Race, St. Johnsbury, Vermont, October 16, 2021
- Extreme Break Up 12-Hour Adventure Race, Milford, Kansas, March 19, 2022
- Shenandoah Epic 24-Hour Adventure Race, Bentonville, Virginia, April 23, 2022
- Blue Ridge 24-Hour Adventure Race, Blue Ridge, Georgia, May 6, 2022
- Mission 18-Hour Adventure Race, Vallonia, Indiana, May 7, 2022
- The Longest Day 24-Hour Adventure Race, Litchfield, Connecticut, May 14, 2022
- No Sleep 24-Hour Adventure Race, Golconda, Illinois, June 4, 2022
- Bend Racing 24-Hour Adventure Race 24-Hour Adventure Race, Bend, Oregon, June 18, 2022
- Stubborn Mule 30-Hour Adventure Race, Cable, Wisconsin, June 25, 2022
- Teton Ogre 24-Hour Adventure Race, Driggs, Idaho, June 25, 2022
- Kulshan Quest 12-Hour Adventure Race, Bellingham, Washington, July 9, 2022
- Maine Summer 24-Hour Adventure Race, New Gloucester, Maine, July 16, 2022
- Never Summer 24-Hour Adventure Race, Grand County, Colorado, July 16, 2022
Teams participating in a Regional Championship race will be eligible for bonus points in the 2022 USARA National Points Series, and the winner of the premier division of each race – teams with a mixed-gender component – will receive special recognition from USARA at its 2022 National Championship, where up to a dozen regional champions will battle it out for the coveted title of USARA National Champion, joining the USARA Hall of Champions.
“We’re aiming to engage anyone interested in the outdoors in adventure racing, and while practically anyone with an adventurous spirit and the will to persevere can finish any of these races, it will take a team of world-class athletes to win one of them,” Garrison said. “With these Regional Championship races in place, we know it’s going to be a great season of racing across the country, and we can’t wait to welcome the adventure racing community to California in September for what’s shaping up to be one of of our best national championship races ever.”
More information on the 2022 USARA Regional Championships can be found at: https://www.usara.com/regional-championship-series.html
Contact: Michael Garrison, USARA Executive Director, 317-456-2112, email@example.com
As the governing body of adventure racing in the United States, USARA’s mission is to ensure the enduring success of the sport by strengthening and supporting the existing community of racers, directors, and enthusiasts; creating pathways for new adventurers to enter the sport; and engaging with the greater outdoor community in the U.S. to highlight what an amazing sport it is. More information at www.USARA.com.