Have you ever wanted to take your passion for sports and fitness and transform it into a lucrative business and dream job?
Ben Greenfield had a successful and well paying career as a fitness trainer to the elite. But with twins on the way, he soon realized that trading dollars for hours was not how he wanted to live his life. After making more than $50,000 in less than a week selling one of his first training products, Ben quickly made the transition to creating and selling online services and information products to endurance athletes and fitness fanatics full time. In this episode of the Endurance Sportswire Podcast, Ben will share how he created his dream job in endurance sports, the tools and resources he uses to run his business, as well as the “aha” moments and mistakes he has made along the way.
Tools and resources mentioned in today’s Endurance Sportswire podcast include:
- WordPress – A free web software you can use to create a website or blog
- WishList Member – A powerful, yet easy to use membership solution that can turn any WordPress site into a full-blown membership site.
- 1ShoppingCart – An all-in-one ecommerce solution for selling online
- Authorize.net – Makes accepting credit card payments and e-checks safe, easy and affordable
- Elance – On of the most-popular places to find, hire, manage and collaborate with online freelancers
- oDesk – One of the world’s largest online workplace, enabling businesses and freelancers to work together on demand via the Internet
- PayPal – A fast, safe way to pay and get paid online, via a mobile device and in store
- Ko-kard – A convenient, cost-effective, and secure method of sending money to the Philippines
- Xoom.com – money transfer service you can use to send money worldwide from any Internet-enabled computer to friends and family in more than 29 countries.
- Feedly – Compiles news feeds from a variety of online sources for the user to customize and share with others
- CopyBlogger.com – Popular content marketing and writing blog that teaches people how to create killer online content
- SocialMediaExaminer.com – Blog that helps businesses discover how to best use social media, blogs and podcasts to connect with customers, drive traffic, generate awareness and increase sales
- TCKPublishing.com – Boutique international digital publishing house specializing in publishing books on Amazon via Kindle and Createspace
- AsianEfficiency.com – Blog for people interested in time management and productivity
- BeyondTrainingBook.com – Ben’s new book on mastering endurance, health and life
- BenGreenfieldFitness.com – For more information on our guest Ben Greenfield and the products and services he sells
If you enjoyed, we would really appreciate a review in iTunes here!
Join us on www.endurancesportswire.com/podcasts for recaps of every interview and loads of useful resources. Keep up to date on today’s endurance sports business news, jobs and announcements by signing up for our newsletter here.